Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 11:53:42 AM EDT
Fun day! My favorite was the C-17. Here are some pics.

What is the purpose of the cut-away center section of the engine nacelle? It is open to the outside and has a white grid covering:

This C-16 was minty new with 400 flight hours:

A HUD on a cargo plane? What will they think of next!

Here I am at the controls, preparing to take off. Always look confident in front of the troops, even if you don't know what the bleep you are doing!

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Neat pics!  Thanks for sharing!  Any F-22's at the show?

Did not go.  Threw the idea around with my fiance and she would've gone if I did, but we just decided not to.  Her and I have seen plenty of jets together anyway.

The Blue Angels already flew directly over my head about 100ft off the ground in the diamond on Thursday when they were practicing.  Quite a few more passes after too, but none directly over my head after that first run.  F-18's kick ass, I love'm.  Someone I know that works at VSP (right next to Mather) said they were passing close to their building, so they'd wave at them and on the next run they'd wave back.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#2]
No, no F-22

The simulated A-10 attacks with huge pyrotecnic explosions almost made up for it though.

Americans love explosions!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
OMFG why did you have to tell me about that?  I am so sad I missed it now.   *sniffle*

The A-10 was my favorite jet growing up and the Cobra my favorite chopper.  They still are.  Dang, I can't believe I missed that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The white grid you were seeing was part of the thrust reversers.

-d
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top