Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 11:57:35 AM EDT
I was going to go to the Glendale show, but decided against it.
Anyone go? Was it worth it?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope. Not sure gun shows are worth driving all that way for. I live in the East Valley so thats too far for me to go to a gun show. Last one I went to about a year ago was a CrossRoads of the West show and it was a waste of time.  

Course I wasn't looking at AR stuff either. Just stuff for pistols.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#2]
All of the Glendale ones I have gone to are complete let downs, although it is really nice not paying for parking.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Not much at the Glendale show...same ole' story "what caught your eye was overpriced!"  Did get a couple of Bush shirts & yard signs to piss off my liberal neighbor
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I went, I saw nothing of interest, I left.

AB
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Question is are there any good gun shows left. Seems like the Crossroads is nothing but a big waste of time anymore plus you have to pay for parking as well as admission to get in. I have never been to the SAR or the one in Mesa so I can't commemt on those. But I am betting that the SAR isn't going to be all that much better than the crossroads.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#6]
The SAR show is with the Crossroad show in December.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Same here...not too much stuff there, FAL mag for $20.

Free parking's nice, as is the A/C.....aside from that, not much.

Looking forward to the SAR show....hopefully run into a few ARfcom folks.  I'll be sure to wear my shirt...:)
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

December 4th & 5th,  IIRC.

AB
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#9]
The SAR show is one not to miss.  It is the only one I go to anymore.

Just hit the SAR building first, its cool!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually...3, 4, 5th.

Quoted:

Quoted:

December 4th & 5th,  IIRC.

AB

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#11]
We need to start planning the SAR show caravan/shuttles. Meet for breakfast, save $$ and gas and parking, divide and conquer.  SAR SHOW Dec 3-5!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We need to start planning the SAR show caravan/shuttles. Meet for breakfast, save $$ and gas and parking, divide and conquer.  SAR SHOW Dec 3-5!! hr

So start planning then h=85%

Quoted:
The SAR show is one not to miss.  It is the only one I go to anymore.

Just hit the SAR building first, its cool!

OK, so whats so special about this show?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Hell, I LIVE in Glendale and don't go to the Glendale shows....

The Crossroads shows are the best ones I've been to of late...Mesa is just too far to drive for me for a smaller show.

The SAR show is a Class III junkie's heaven.  If you've ever wanted to see Lahti's, Solothurns, Ferret Armored Cars, and all sorts of stuff, go and spend most of your time there.  The Crossroads portion will be the same as before. :)

Just make sure you stop by Practical Tactical and dump some money into my register....hehehehe

Tim
always trying to make a buck
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Just make sure you stop by Practical Tactical and dump some money into my register....hehehehe

Tim
always trying to make a buck

You give me some money and I will be more than happy to spend it all at your booth. HEHEHE, always trying to save as much money as I can.

And if your really good I might even throw in a buck of my own.
Archived [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Anyone go to the Glendale show?
Page Hometown » Arizona
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top