Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 9:59:42 PM EDT
I  decided to go to the Five Rivers Auction today. Anyone else decide to go? I left early (empty handed) and was pretty disappointed with the high prices (and overflow crowd). Did prices come down latter in the day?

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like good news if you had items up for sale there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like good news if you had items up for sale there.
View Quote
You are definitely a glass is half-full kinda person.

I was hoping to pick up some reloading gear and was bargain hunting.

I will say based on past auctions, he gets top dollar for ammo.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have never been to a firearms auction.  How crazy were the prices?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have never been to a firearms auction.  How crazy were the prices?
View Quote
I was out of the room for most of the auction, so I didn't pay much attention to sale prices.

You can go to the website for the auctioneer and look at past auctions with sale prices. Make sure you know if the price listed includes the buyer's premium.

Mark sure to go to the preview and look at anything you are interested in.

Definitely have an idea of what your limit is on any item you might be bidding on because the auction tends to go quickly. Bring something to read or better a friend to hang out with.

ETA: I have made some absolute great buys, some decent buys, and probably a couple of poor buys. I have also seen stuff go for stupid prices (22 LR value packs for $50+ each, $700 Glocks). I have also seen a bunch of really, really cool guns. The best part of these auctions is you never know what will be in the next auction.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top