Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2004 8:30:49 AM EDT
Hi I am new to the whole rifle shooting thing. I was wondering if there is anyone in here from Albqueruque that could possible let me know where I can find out the location of good shooting spots.. ranges, where is the best place to purchase equipmant such as scopes , ammunition .. things of that nature . Also if there are any clubs or groups
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in Alb for a class recently,  i was blown away at the awesome public range facility you guys have there.

It was amazing.

Dont recall the directions,  no doubt a NM guy will fill you in.

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Call 836-8785 for the city parks and recreation range on the west side. I think it's $5 or $6 a day or you can get a yearly membership. Go to www.delnortegunclub.com or www.ziarifleandpistolclub.com and see about becoming a member. The NM moderator Wiggy has some good connections at Calibers (nice indoor range in the NE part of town) I seem to remember. Try one, try'em all. As far as buying stuff goes you have the best store right here on the EE from the industry guys and other members.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
   Ther are a coule good ranges south of Albuquerque between Isletta.  I used to live in Belen and shoot on the Mesa.   However with Richardson in power who knows any more.   The 5 cnet slots at Isletta and Sandia are pretty user friendly.......later al
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the replies I actually found a really awsome shooting sight if your from Nm. let me know and I can give you directions ...

You can tell tons of people use it
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 12:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
The Albuquerque city range is great.  Take I-40 West to Paseo del Volcan. North until you hit Shooting Range Road  (South of the Volcanoes and Double Eagle Airport)  West  Until the road turns North. As it goes west the public range is just past the Sheriff's and Police range. Charge is $5. They run a safe range. The only down side is no drawing from a hoster.

For stores I like Absolute Sporting Goods (Menual/Washington) and Presicion Arms (Menual just east  of Louisiana).
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]
If you happen to be venturing southward, try the Socorro Gun Club range.  It is open to the public, that is, no gate to pass through.  On Sunday, 5 Sep 04 at 0830, we will have a three-gun match.  Range fee will be c. $6.  We also have CMP schools/matches about once a month.  Air gun for  juniors and adults will begin on 13 Sep in the basement of the New Mexico Tech gym.

Contact me if you have any questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top