Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2003 3:16:23 PM EDT
OK, I'll be starting my new job in Dalton on the 5th of January with my family following soon after.  I'm interested in the local information, ranges, ISPs, where to live, etc.  I'll be working at HMC.  I'm currently in Columbus, GA so it's not a far move from where I am now.

Thanks,
John D.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Not too familiar with the Dalton area, well except you can get carpet there.

Congrats on the job and have a safe move!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  Just looking to do some up front recon before moving.  I'll keep a check on the post to see if I get any bites.

Thanks,
jd1
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
They don't allow alcohol in the shoe shows and that is Un-American!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#4]
John's Mountain WMA is near Dalton and I believe that it has a decent rifle range.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:34:07 AM EDT
[#5]
You talkin' about Dalton up in Whitfield county, in the north-west part of the state?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OK, I'll be starting my new job in Dalton on the 5th of January with my family following soon after.  I'm interested in the local information, ranges, ISPs, where to live, etc.  I'll be working at HMC.  I'm currently in Columbus, GA so it's not a far move from where I am now.

Thanks,
John D.

Huh? If you don't think Dalton is far from Columbus I've got some week end commuting land I'd like to sell you outside of Chattanooga, which is closer to Dalton than Columbus.

Just kidding about the land, but I don't call over 200 miles distance "close".  Oh well, to each his own, I guess.

I'm just north of Rome, which is about 40 miles from Dalton. Been up here since last summer, but since I get to shoot on a Georgia State Police range on Saturdays, haven't had the need to explore the public ranges in this part of the state. I'll tell you one thing though; northwest Georgia is absolutely the best part of this great state; especially if you're into fishing, hunting, or just being outdoors Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Relatively speaking, 2.5-3 hours is not that far.  Of course I'm not going to commute but there was a chance that I would move to Houston, TX.  A lot further from Columbus than Dalton. Yes, the one in NW, GA.  I'm originally from MS and I'll be about the same distance from home as I am now, 4.5 hours.  In TX it was 10.5 hours.  I'm going to check out the WMA when I get up there as well as look for info on Camp Shooters that is east of Dalton.

Hey shamayim, what are the good gun stores in the area?

Later,
jd1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top