Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/17/2003 2:24:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/17/2003 2:25:22 PM EDT by 2whiskeyP]
Do you want to stop for chow on the way to the shoot on Saturday. Maybe somewhere in Olympia like 8:30 ish? If so, what is a good place that is not far out of the way of I-5?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:39:21 PM EDT
There is a good place called "The Rusty Tractor" right at the exit we're meeting at. It's on the north side of the interchange, across the HWY from the gravel turnout.

If you know where to look you can see the restaraunt from the offramp. Look for a large wooden building painted red.

602 E Young Elma, WA 98541

The Rusty Tractor

On that map the gravel turnout is located in the SW corner of the interchange, between the E-W HWYs and the offramp from eastbound HWY 12.

Look for all the cars.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 10:10:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tweak:
There is a good place called "The Rusty Tractor"

YES...The Rusty Tractor featuring "Yak" your favorite exotic meat. I had a Yakburger there and it was quite good.

2WP..I would be down for Breakfast in Oly or at the RT.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 10:53:41 PM EDT
The Rusty Tractor is ok they have very slow service (atleast during the daytime) That is about the best place for breakfast though. His Rock cafe in town a little further is pretty good to but it kind of gives off a cult vibe to me because it is also a church and people live above it or behind it. I would avoid eating at Bety's it is a bar/chineese restaurant in town (its just not a good idea to eat there) anyhow i would be up for some breakfast saturday morning let me know
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 11:26:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By vader17:
The Rusty Tractor is ok they have very slow service (atleast during the daytime) That is about the best place for breakfast though. His Rock cafe in town a little further is pretty good to but it kind of gives off a cult vibe to me because it is also a church and people live above it or behind it. I would avoid eating at Bety's it is a bar/chineese restaurant in town (its just not a good idea to eat there) anyhow i would be up for some breakfast saturday morning let me know

So from what you say Rusty Trailer IS the place to be....

SO Rust Trailer parking lot....at say... 0930......

I will have on SOMETHING camoflague...Cap, Jacket, SOMETHING <What a friggin poser!

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 11:28:47 PM EDT
You'll fit right in perfectly in Elma then CV. No, wait, you won't...no truck.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:01:43 AM EDT
But Tweak, CavVet has just got the cutest little SUV you've ever seen!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:10:36 AM EDT
Ok so, Rusty Tractor, 09:30, look for the gentleman wearing MARPAT driving the cute little SUV. Got it!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:26:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Boomer:

Oh no, not that thead again.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:36:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2003 6:59:02 PM EDT by CavVet]

I have told you before Boomer...

Get a fuckin chain....

You like sellin the wolf tickets, but I dont see your 'vehicle' where your mouth is...

Get up tommorrow and come to the Cap Forest, bring your 'vehicle' and lets see. No more bs, no more idle chatter or envy. Put up or shutup.

IF there is anything left of your...'vehicle' I will drag it out to the road and they can flatbed it home.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:34:41 PM EDT
Silly CavVet, Jeeps aren't for towing, that's the realm of 3/4-1 ton or bigger trucks. What's towing ability got to do with offroad ability/prowess?

But if you still want to take on my SUV, I might even be willing to unplug a spark plug or two from the 454 in my "SUV" just to give you a sporting chance.

Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:27:43 PM EDT

Silly CavVet, Jeeps aren't for towing, that's the realm of 3/4-1 ton or bigger trucks. What's towing ability got to do with offroad ability/prowess?

But if you still want to take on my SUV, I might even be willing to unplug a spark plug or two from the 454 in my "SUV" just to give you a sporting chance.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14904

Are you turning your Jeep superior/Liberty inferior bs into a 'I'll go get my big brother'/SUV? Do we escalate this until one of us has an M-1 Abrahms? You talk the Jeep bs, 'Only in a Jeep', and now wanna run get a burb? You gotta be bullshittin...

Bring your so-called Jeep and lets do it any way you wanna...I have seen your 'Jeep' and you have seen mine. At the end of the day yours will be done and mine will keep driving..

Busy tommorrow? Capital forest has plenty of room for some fun....

And I aint talkin about towing, Im talkin abou takin my 'cute little SUV' and draggin you shit around...
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:29:12 AM EDT
Come on, dude, lighten up a little. If you're going to tease me about my Jeep, at least be able to take it back. When your ready to go 4 wheeling and show me what your Jeep can do, let's go. If you want to talk about towing ability, well, count on me to bring the proper tool for the job. But if you're the type who likes to try to drive nails with a pair of pliers, well, that might have some entertainment value, too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:37:06 AM EDT
Bring on the stompers gents, there be plenty of woods. Uh, I'll sit back with the phone and my AAA card.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 2:42:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2003 2:43:55 PM EDT by BlackDog714]

Originally Posted By Tweak:
Bring on the stompers gents, there be plenty of woods. Uh, I'll sit back with the phone and my AAA card.

If I was going, I could make sure you all got out safe...

No need for AAA, my 86 GMC K3500 could haul CavVet's itty bitty Jeep and the Burb in the bed.

BTW CavVet, you and I have the same tires. Mine are just 10" taller
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 10:06:30 PM EDT

When your ready to go 4 wheeling and show me what your Jeep can do, let's go.

Bring your so-called Jeep and lets do it any way you wanna...

The invite was there, you werent...
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:10:12 PM EDT
Darn, guess I'll have to reschedule my life around the invites of KJ owners everywhere.
Top Top