[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, me too...how was it...got pics?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 3:55:29 AM EDT
[#5]
No pic's, sorry. I'm on the road right now; I'll post an AAR later. The quick answer was: you should have come!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, back now, here's the AAR:

Everyone pretty much was able to stay dry under the tents and only went out into the rain briefly to shoot. Every string started from low ready. All targets were masked with black paint or tape so that only head shots or an expanded head/thoracic area were counted as hits. Everything else was a miss. No -1 or -3 zones, just hit or miss, and a miss was a 2.5 second penalty. All reloads were considered emergency reloads, no retention was necessary. Typical were target "complexes" where a bad guy was hiding behind a good guy with only a head shot available. All targets required at least 2 hits.

Stage 1 was a sea of targets mixed in with a sea of innocents. Take some from left side of cover, some from right side, then one on the move to a kneeling position, the rest from that kneeling position through a "window".

Stage 2 was the house. Pretty much another sea of targets and innocents, but like any IDPA style stage it was a known problem, known solution so everyone just blazed through it. There was a mandatory reload in this stage.

Stage 3 was a drill stage. Limited Vickers, 2 rounds per target. Work through 5 targets left to right, reload, then right to left. Fired twice with the scores combined.

Stage 4 was the "wall" and "mover" stage. It also had a substantial, ankle deep water hazard you had to move through while shooting :-) Another sea of targets and innocents. Move to the door, shoot 3 bad guys, move to the window and shoot 3 more while being annoyed by an innocent on a swinger, move to the end of the wall and shoot another which then triggered the mover. This was the most challenging shooting, with the mover having 2 targets bracketing an innocent, and the whole mess moving through a sea of innocents. Shoot throughs into an innocent meant you shot the innocent. Finish up with a tenth bad guy. I'm proud to say I cleaned this one and had the best score on it in my division, too. Too bad the other stages didn't go as well for me :-(

Stage 5 was another drill. Shoot 4 targets, then transition to pistol and shoot 4 plates. Shot twice and the scores totalled.

Organization was top notch for this one and scores are already available.

aa out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Ask and you shall receive...carbine match at Pelham F&G on 10 Sep. Probably not as big as the PSI one but still an opportunity to shoot.

FFI: www.pelhamfishandgame.com/idpa/index.html

Many of the TAG guys hang at Pelham now and there's informal "IDPA practice" that occurs on Thursday evenings, open to the public. Not anywhere near the old TAG yet, but it's coming along. TAG also still meets every Monday at 1900 at Manchester Firing Line.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Keep those dates coming...I would be there in heart beat...but as luck would have it ....I don't already have enough going on that weekend....so between a wedding on sat(not mine)visiting the fam in Maine, and going to the Maine RC jet rally...and then home(in RI) just in time for a cook out for the Patriots first game on sunday night... Now if it was the weekend before, that'd be great....I've got NOTHING that weekend...f*cking figures.

Hey Tim, I revamped my M4...got all the parts sitting at home, I'll have to send you some pics when I get home next week. Greetings from the Tug boat.  Dude, I dunno about SGW and his girlfriend....pretty tight leash there.... Hi Mike.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#11]
If you think I'm "Mike", you guessed wrong.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Nah, "Mike" was my roommate from college/post college...he's been dating this girl for a while now...nice girl, just seems to me like she's either got a tight leash him or there's some whipping going on. Not really sure...I've tried calling him on it...but I just get blah, blah, blah...it's gotten worse since they now live together. So Tim and I bust him up on it from time to time. That's all.

Tim, the SPR is of course come coming slow. I'm thinking I'm gonna order up the trigger for it here in the next week...looks like I'll own the thing for a year before I send a round down the tube at this rate.  As for a scope, well once I get this tooth of mine replaced....damn front tooth died from a sports accident from high school. So I'm getting an implant done...yeah that's 3K later. With little to no dental coverage. I've gotta cough up 2,300 later next month for it...so I'd say that's scope plus some. On top of that I'm trying to pay off the last few grand of college...bills/money suck. I almost bought the scope instead of revamping the M4...but I'll shoot the M4 more than the SPR so it took priority...oh-well, I'll get to it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top