Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2013 7:34:47 AM EDT
Any feet on the ground at Wilmington?  Crowd?  #of vendors?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#1]
What show is it?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#2]
My FIL and myself planned on attending -- the line to get in was about 100 yards long (no shit) and estimate of 350 people waiting -- we turned around and left.

The line was not moving fast -- and from prior experience on attending the show it does not move fast as they check what people are bring in.

A vendor I know says it was crowded inside -- but not a lot of buying from his table (more collectible -- not tactical)

I do not know about the vendors -- if you try later today or tomorrow it might be better to try to get in.

UK
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#3]
May as well check it out tomorrow. Try and sell a Tantal.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I was going to try to sell some Tangodown ARC mags I have extra -- might of had luck but just did not want to stand outside for 30-45 minutes (estimate) just to get in.

Kinda bummed that the organizer was not ready for the crowd and did not have a plan

-- one door entrance for people with guns to be checked

-- one door for people who just need to pay

And with the crowd that was outside it would of been packed inside.

UK
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I went. The line was only about 10 min when I got there around 1130.  There were more dealers there than usual however only a little over half had guns and ammo.  Others had cheap tac gear, books, doomsday food...etc.  One guy was selling twin city brass cased ammo 820 rounds for $425. Sold out about 10 min after I got there. Lots of 223 for 1.00 a round ...sickening.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I was there.   A lot of high priced AR's, of course.   People were crazy will any semi auto.  I saw a Mini 14 Stainless, asked the guy with it was he wanted for it.  $1200.00!!!!  For a Mini Fng 14.  Not only him but many others at the same level.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Got there about 11:30 today. No wait to get in although it was crowded inside. Lot of looking but not much buying as far as I could tell. Like the Airport Expo show the other week, most people walking out with what they came in with.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I went to also -- after yesterdays issue with the long line.

Alot of walking around -- did not see any buying -- heard stories of people wanting rediculous amounts for stuff, like $1200 for a Ruger Mini 14.

Alot of people taking their AR's out for a walk.

UK
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top