Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2003 9:42:08 AM EDT
Has anyone dealt with Al Yates?  I'm needing some help as Mr. Yates has burned me to the tune of $920 on eBay for a BALCS body armor.

Here's the best address I have so far:
MILSPECGEARSALES LLC
1321 Saint George
Moore, OK 73160

There are a number of other mailing addresses but they are PO boxes and the one phone number listed is not active.

Can anyone point me to the proper local authorities to contact for this matter?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
There's no listing for that guy in the local telephone book, however coincidentally it may seem, there is a Yates listed two blocks down from him on the same street.

At any rate, the address is in Cleveland County and I've listed the website for the district attorney's office there along with the Moore PD's and Oklahoma Attorney General's (I doubt the AG's office will do much). Let me know if you need any other assistance.

www.da.co.cleveland.ok.us/

www.ci.moore.ok.us/police/

www.oag.state.ok.us/
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Jim!

If you're curious about what I got burned on, the auction on eBay is 2198981136.

I'm going to see how much this guy wants to stay out of trouble.  Apparently according to the AG's site they are getting tough on consumer fraud: some guy got 4 years for each of 3 counts fraud.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#3]
How exactly did he burn you? Did you not get the item or is he making no contact?

Just curious what the whole stoery is.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
This guy never sent anything... I have confirmed this info with other buyers as they also didn't get any merchandise.  Other people have had their checks/money orders returned by priority mail but I have not had any responses nor my money returned.  I have no idea why I'm left out in the cold.  He won't respond to emails and his phone number listed with eBay is not connected.  I have like four addresses that this guy uses and the one above is the only non-PO box I have.

PayPal can't even recover the funds back for me  and Mr. Yates didn't even respond to their queries.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I noticed he made all his feedback private. It pisses me off when people pull this crap on e-bay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top