Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 9:36:06 AM EDT
Hi guys,
I am looking for somewhere a bit more local to shoot. I have been driving ~1hr to go to Myrtle Grove for some time now, but 100 yds is getting pretty boring, plus the drive is terrible. I have been eyeing this Anne Arundel Co Fish/Game Shooting Range for a while now, and wondered if anyone here belongs.
How do you like it?
Is it Black Rifle friendly?
Are there any silly rules? (IE no more than 5 rds in a mag, or 5 seconds between shots etc)
Anything else good, bad, or ugly?
Thanks
John F.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#1]
www.geocities.com/~AAFG/

I want to join but I need a sponser. And I do not know any one that is a member.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]
As stated a few months ago.They pissed me off in '76 or '77!
I suspect the offending folks have long since shed their mortal coil.
Now it's Myrtle Grove or here at home.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Friend of mine and I went up there probably about 2 years ago.  Everyone seemed really friendly, but the guy that walked us around the range kinda scared us a bit.

He was showing us the rifle range and said that you couldn't park your vehicle at the rifle range because it was at the end of the shotgun skeet range and your vehicle would get covered with shot.  I asked, "So, if you're at the rifle range, wouldn't you get covered with shot too?"  No response.  Then he told us we had to volunteer so much time every year to help with the range.  He kept talking about this big pile of gravel my friend and I could help move.

Never went back.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I've gone over a couple of times when they have open hours for trap shooting.  Nice enough folks......

The biggest problem is their hours.  Basically if you have a job there are darned few times that you can shoot.  The place is right in the middle of a bunch of high dollar homes.  Even a couple of members that I know have said not to bother joining because I'd never get my money's worth out of it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone for the replies.
Sounds discouraging.
John F.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Fairly new bunch running things. They are restricted to certain activities and days/times because of urban sprawl near them. Give it another try. PM me and I can give you a POC for info. I shoot IDPA there sometimes.
Also, check out Sanners-Lake(dot) com. We are in southern MD and hold 3-gun matches each month and lots of IDPA events (twice a month year around), including the annual MD State Championship. We have trap and skeet, archery, black powder, some high power, .22 silhouttes (SIC?). Scheduled competitions are open to the public. We are AR friendly. About an hour south of Anne Arundel, but worth the drive!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Loubie,
Noted and appreciated. Will check you all out.
I wondered about the area they are in, since I am very familiar with those parts, and I cant imagine a range there wouldnt get a signifigant amount of libtard moonbats complaining constantly.
Thanks
John
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#8]
We have been lucky so far. We have been here a lot of years, but the housing growth worries me. We have invested a lot of money upgrading our ranges recently so it's a nice set of ranges. You will be happy you came down. The schedule is posted on the web site, but I don't know if it has been updated for 2006 yet.

Quoted:
Loubie,
I wondered about the area they are in, since I am very familiar with those parts, and I cant imagine a range there wouldnt get a signifigant amount of libtard moonbats complaining constantly.
Thanks
John

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
We have been lucky so far. We have been here a lot of years, but the housing growth worries me. We have invested a lot of money upgrading our ranges recently so it's a nice set of ranges. You will be happy you came down. The schedule is posted on the web site, but I don't know if it has been updated for 2006 yet.

Quoted:
Loubie,
Thanks
John

I have been told its starting to happen at Myrtle Grove as well because of the sprawl. I try to mind how fast I shoot down there. Its a damn crying shame that I have to be paranoid about practicing double tap and the like, cause I might get an earful. I can understand having a problem with wild mag dumps and the like but.....anyways.
Thanks for the info.
John F.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top