Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 6/4/2008 5:17:43 AM EST
Here is the Wiki article. It's not that informative, so then I went and found this. (scroll down to view pictures and more information about it)

It's a really neat place located right in the middle of a growning city. My fiance and I have been there twice now. Their prices aren't terrible for kayak and canoe rentals. I just thought I'd share this hidden little treat with you folks.

The first time my fiance and I went, we spent an hour kayaking and saw two gators, one 5 ft the other about 6 ft. We saw a manatee, millions of jumping/flying fish. Bunches of crabs and sime pencil fish.

The second time we went we spent two hours kayaking. We didn't see any gators, but we saw a lot more little hermit crabs and jumping/flying fish. We also saw a really neat (and talkative) bird that had a fish in his talons. Don't know what kind it was, but it sure was talkative.

Oh yeah, they have a lot of neat turles and tortoises. It's just a neat little place with a decent amount of cool things to do for the lazy weekend. To walk around the property, it's free. They've got nature hikes and neat buildings you can walk through.

Sorry I don't have any of my own pictures. Forgot the camera at home both times. We'll be going back sometime soon though. Hope you guys find this little place neat and interesting!
Top Top