Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 9:33:02 AM EDT
I live in NY by the PA border, and Sunset Hill range is about an hour from me...anyone have any opinions on it?

I've applied for my CCW permit in NY and am currently waiting on it, but I've read that Sunset hill rents handguns.  I was going to go there to try a few out to get an idea of what model I like if/when my permit is approved.  I'll also probably bring along a couple of my rifles (a ruger 10/22 and an AR-15).
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I go there about once a month, no complaints here.  They specify no rapid fire, but they're reasonable about it.  I fire pairs and they're fine w/ it.  They don't want yahoos dumping mags.

As for rentals, they have a great selection of rifles and pistols.  The list on their website looks about like what I saw there:

http://www.sunsethillrange.com/rentals.html
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been there a few times for get-together shoots with people from the Sig Forum. We had a good time, but I have weird vibes about the "range officials". Kind of remind me of Dog The Bounty Hunter and his crew.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:53:40 AM EDT
[#3]
thats a cool range. the range dudes are cool too.
nice place, they are supposedly expanding.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#4]
i must have gone on several bad days over several years then because everytime i go it has been horrible. The range crew is atrocious and will misinform anyone on PA firearm law without a second thought (Class 3 in PA? Totally illegal !!!) The guys there take a very liberal view on firearms and seem to be of the "we can have them but you better just be renting" school of thought. The prices for rentals are insanely high. Everytimr i have gone it was packed with gangbanger type street trash from NY and NJ looking to bust caps or whatnot. I much prefer the range i go to now. Wear body armor if going to Sunset Hills.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top