BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2008 1:03:27 PM EDT
Last time their website was updated is OCT 07

www.kyimports.com
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
i was in there a few weeks ago, not much of anything in stock, looks almost like a junk store.  Lots of used parts, not much ammo.  Probably my last trip there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i was in there a few weeks ago, not much of anything in stock, looks almost like a junk store.  Lots of used parts, not much ammo.  Probably my last trip there.

That's about how it was the last time I was there over a year ago. Just after they stopped carrying firearms for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's about how it was the last time I was there over a year ago. Just after they stopped carrying firearms for whatever reason.

Weren't they the ones that had the atf come in on them because there were alot of guns missing from inventory that they couldn't account for? or am I thinking of someone else?
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Ever time I'm at knob I over hear people mentioning KY Imports for their ammo needs.  Was there a healthy supply of "normal" rounds(i.e. 9mm, .40, .45, .223, 7.62, etc.)?  Really curious if you caught a price on their .223.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 1:50:20 AM EDT
[#5]
The "rumor" I heard was that an employee was selling police trade ins to gang bangers, cash and carry no paperwork. And the ATF yanked their FFL shortly thereafter. Again, that's is just the rumor I heard.

Link Posted: 7/16/2008 5:16:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ever time I'm at knob I over hear people mentioning KY Imports for their ammo needs.  Was there a healthy supply of "normal" rounds(i.e. 9mm, .40, .45, .223, 7.62, etc.)?  Really curious if you caught a price on their .223.

I saw some boxes of ammo behind the counter, but not many if any cases of ammo.  The store is a lot like their website, messy and out dated.  For my ammo, I usually just order from wideners or natchez.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 5:17:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The "rumor" I heard was that an employee was selling police trade ins to gang bangers, cash and carry no paperwork. And the ATF yanked their FFL shortly thereafter. Again, that's is just the rumor I heard.

The rumor I heard was dudes son took like 400 guns and his dad tried to "cover it up" on his books.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I was told by a small bird that it was 368 guns sold off the books by the son.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#10]
So you are saying covering up from the ATF is a bad thing??????

It has been many months since I had stopped in and they said they were going to carry more ammo, but didn't have much in stock.  I wonder if they are waiting to be clean for a year or two and then reapply for a license?  Or once it is gone it is gone for good????
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So you are saying covering up from the ATF is a bad thing??????

It has been many months since I had stopped in and they said they were going to carry more ammo, but didn't have much in stock.  I wonder if they are waiting to be clean for a year or two and then reapply for a license?  Or once it is gone it is gone for good????

I've heard they can "reapply" in a couple of years, the lady i spoke with out there a while back wasn't sure if they were going to or not.  The "owner" did have a few of his "personal" guns for sale.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#12]
400 guns is a lot to recover from financially I would say unless you had some gooooood insurance.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I work down the street from there. They have tons of used factory pistol mags and semi-decent prices on most ammo. They have prvi 5.56 for 7.99 a box which is cheaper than wally world UMC, their case price is a little lower than if you were to buy it by the box, like 385 or something.

They wont admit it in the store but I heard the same thing, the owners idiot son screwed up the business. I dont know how long they have to wait or if they can ever sell guns again. But if they dont do something I think they are gonna sink.

If anyone needs to know a price on something or if they have it in stock shoot me a PM and I'll check on my way into work.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I heard the boy screwed them over as well, cant say but thats the rumor.

I wonder if i dress like a wankster will they give me the off the book option , maybe a Gdog hookup discount for sheezy?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top