Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:01:43 AM EDT
Hey All -

Any of you guys/gals been down to TDI recently? I am heading to frontsight for the 4 day handgun course in december and have decided I want all the training I can get on all th eweapons i own.

I would plan on taking their shotgun and practical rifle course, any AARs, comments, suggestions? Thanks..
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:25:49 AM EDT
I took an advanced pistol course customized for our agency. It was SWEET! John put on a great class and I definately took home some valuable training exercises... I would highly recomend any of their classes. I plan on attending again some day. 4+ hours drive from the Toledo area though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:10:03 AM EDT
I took the tacticle shotgun course a couple years ago and pardon the pun, it was a blast ! Be ready to shoot a hell of alot of 12 gauge out of your gun. There was 1 instructor for about every 5 guys and you will learn more than what you already think you know. It is a 2 day class and you will also do twilight shooting so bring a good quality light with you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:27:18 AM EDT
the Tactical Defense Institute www.tdiohio.com is a top notch training facility with top notch instructors. As Ohioans For Concealed Carry President Jeff Garvas said, "You get world-class training at a great price". In my opinion, Tactical Defense Institute is a must for any Ohioan.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:37:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Collin:
the Tactical Defense Institute www.tdiohio.com is a top notch training facility with top notch instructors. As Ohioans For Concealed Carry President Jeff Garvas said, "You get world-class training at a great price". In my opinion, Tactical Defense Institute is a must for any Ohioan.

Good to hear..

If any of you guys want to coordinate a time to go down together in 2006 (anyone know the schedule for TDI in the upcoming year?) let me know. I know for sure I want to do the shotgun and rifle course..
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:18:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 6:18:46 PM EDT by Multi-G]
I have worked for John for about 4 years now. I try to keep quiet about it on the boards, letting the students tell their stories. I will answer questions when necessary, and if you need something specific, please feel free to contact me.
The 2006 schedule will not be out for a while yet. However most of the classes will likely follow the previous years scheduling, if that helps.
Watersniper, please shoot me a PM sometime. We may have some info to share.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:52:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Multi-G:
I have worked for John for about 4 years now. I try to keep quiet about it on the boards, letting the students tell their stories. I will answer questions when necessary, and if you need something specific, please feel free to contact me.
The 2006 schedule will not be out for a while yet. However most of the classes will likely follow the previous years scheduling, if that helps.
Watersniper, please shoot me a PM sometime. We may have some info to share.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

With prior military experience, am I allowed to register for the tactical rifle 2 course?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:32:44 AM EDT
Actually, probably not. Please do not mis-understand, but I have to discourage that. In TR 1 we do everything from basic zero to shoot house tactics and movement. Skipping TR 1 would honestly be a mistake. It is a structured program that is built up in steps, don't skip the first half.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:10:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Multi-G:
Actually, probably not. Please do not mis-understand, but I have to discourage that. In TR 1 we do everything from basic zero to shoot house tactics and movement. Skipping TR 1 would honestly be a mistake. It is a structured program that is built up in steps, don't skip the first half.

Jeremy,

I understand the reasoning, so thats not a problem. It was a combination of my prior experience and my inability to attend the dates for TR1 that sparked the question....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:55:03 AM EDT
Feel free to call or e-mail John directly and ask. We get tons of requests to skip portions of the programs, especially handgun classes. Lots of people have good intentions and want to skip basic classes, only later to learn they did not have mastery of basic skills they thought they did. It is a shame to see people struggle when they don't have to. We do everything we can to get them caught up, however one simply cannot replace three days of training with one afternoon.
Advanced skills are the basics mastered.
Timing is always an issue. At this point I look for us to have TR1 twice again next year.

Jeremy
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top