Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/26/2005 7:26:09 PM EDT
Aims is selling AK-PK2 Romanian AK 7.62x39 kits for $100 a piece and $90 for 5 or more. I talked to flannagan_bryan about a group buy and he said he would go $85 plus S/H.

So how many people would be interested?

Heres a link:   www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/AK_Accesories_&Parts.html

Update: This is the official thread to get in on the kits. We'll keep it going for 2-4 weeks.

I talked to Bryan today at AIM and he said the kits will be any day. He doesnt know if the #'s match yet but will be sorting through them when they arrive.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
count me in for 1 .
i may even be able to keep that in columbus.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I might be talked into an ak build   Is the one that I don't have an example off.. and then could dink around with a slightly longer than normal length of pull on so it would fit me
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:36:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone in the area have the tools and know-how to help a newbie put one together?If so I'm in for 1
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:37:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you think we could do a build party as well?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:10:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I would go for one, anyone have a link that shows how to build one?

How does difficult is the build process compared to complete assembly of an ar15?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#7]
At $85 Id be in for up to 10 kits, maybe more.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Brian,

I'd spring for one, especially if we can have a "U-Build_It" receiver party at some point to get these built and running.  I know there are a few folks around here with machine shops who can help those of us without equipment.  

I'd really be interested if we can do 80% or receiver flats and build them that way.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Brian,

I'd spring for one, especially if we can have a "U-Build_It" receiver party at some point to get these built and running.  I know there are a few folks around here with machine shops who can help those of us without equipment.  

I'd really be interested if we can do 80% or receiver flats and build them that way.

Well Id have to talk to my boss about that. Sounds like a decent sized group of people. He doesnt mind me bringing friends into the shop but a large group may be different. I'll see what I can do though. If AW4ever joins us we should have them done pretty quick. Id need to get some ideas on how much tools Im gonna need so everyone has something they can be doing.

Seems feasible though
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Brian,

Well Id have to talk to my boss about that. Sounds like a decent sized group of people. He doesnt mind me bringing friends into the shop but a large group may be different. I'll see what I can do though. If AW4ever joins us we should have them done pretty quick. Id need to get some ideas on how much tools Im gonna need so everyone has something they can be doing.

Seems feasible though

I wasn't necessarily thinking of going to anybody's place of employment.  I was figuring that some folks must have the equipment in a home or other privately owned shop somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I wasn't necessarily thinking of going to anybody's place of employment.  I was figuring that some folks must have the equipment in a home or other privately owned shop somewhere.

Well, It might not be a big deal. I have access to it anytime after hours. Id just need to get permission first.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#13]
A few questions.

1.  Will these kits have matching numbers?

2.  What condition are the bores in?

Brian if you want to do the buil party at work I can bring some tools to help make things easier. Do you have a press at work?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok a few more thoughts.
What are people thinking of using for receivers?
Bents or blanks mean a lot more work. A lot of time on the mill.
Flats. I don't have a flat bending jig.
100% recivers.  Vulcan ( Hesse ) Not too bad. The trunion holes may or maynot line up.
Arsenal USA. Probably the best there is right now. All they need is the trunion holes drilled. The 1mm receiver fits the trunions perfectly.
Rivets. Tapco has rivets cheap. That is becouse they are garbage. Global trades has good rivets.
I do have a rivet jig for the trunions and the trigger gaurd.

I doubt we can do a groupe buy on receivers. Too much paperwork. However there are a few dealers on the AK side of this forum where we may be able to do a groupe buy on compliance parts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#15]
With good bores, a build party, and the instructions of folks who know what they're doing, I'd be in for 2 or 3.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Here is a linkfor the Global receivers. They also have other compliance parts.
I have also e-mailed another dealer as to a discount if we buy a large quantity of compliance parts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Just talked to Paul about this.  I'll put one foot in, especially if we can do a build party
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Paul,

I'm up for your insight and suggestions on this project, as I believe many others are.  I personally don't have any experience building an AK and could definitely use some guidance.

I mentioned the blanks or flats because it would be pretty cool to have an AK not on paper.  If this is too much work, I'd be happy to go with your recommendations on a complete receiver.

Just looked at your Global link and notice they are selling receivers for $60-65.  Are these any good?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I would also be in such a group buy..
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

How does difficult is the build process compared to complete assembly of an ar15?

I' ve never actually done it but the barrel needs pressed in and most things get riveted instead of using pins, springs, and a barrel nut like the AR.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm in as well if we can do a build party.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd be interested if the kits are matching numbers and decent bores. A few area build parties would be great. I've only built one AK and it was on a 80% weld type receiver.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm in if we can do a build party.  I'd be in for two or three!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Im going to talk to the big man tomorrow about a build party at work. I'll report back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#26]
If this happens I have a lot of the tools and know how on building.  Also, try to find out the year on the kit. Seems like these are released in batches based on production year.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh boy!! Build party!!

I dont need anymore kits cause I have 2 Yugo kits to build and if there would be a build party I would be interested in joining in. I dont have anything for tools except for a rivet punch that Im gonna make to do some special rivets on my kits. I also know a person that would have the "bolt cutter" rivet squezzers that may be interested in joining in.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Yea Bryan, I may be interested in going. It really just depends when it is and where as I really don't wanna drive real far. I am in mansfield. I have all of cwtoyotas rivet jigs and a dremel, lol.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't see anything in the EE yet...post a link here when there is one?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I IM's brass for permission to post the thread in the EE now Im just waiting. I didnt have time to talk to my boss today about the build thing but will do so ASAP.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm in for one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:40:01 AM EDT
[#32]
I saw an ad in SGN for someone else having these kits claiming "ours have bright bores unlike others..."

Probably just marketing BS but I'll be curious to hear about those bores. Maybe someone who lives near AIM could check them out when they come in?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#33]
I just looked at 5 kits from differant lots, all had matching #s and nice bores, I did have to run a brush through them becasue they had dust and dirt in them, but they all were shiny.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I will start a new thread tonight after I hear from VA-gunnut.

Anyone going to the labor day shoot: I will have a couple kits with me if you want to look at them before you buy. Price will be $82 plus S/H or you can just run down and pick one up from Bryan.

Dont count on a big build party as I dont want to get too big of a group but we could probablly do a couple small ones(4-5 guys at a time) at my work. Thats not to say you guys cant organize your own build somewhere else though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#35]
If its possible I would be interested in joining you for one of those parties. Tho I wont be building a romy I would be building 2 Yugos.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#37]
By request...
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top