Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 3:18:52 PM EDT
I passed two gas stations on my way home tonight. Both were packed with lines going down the shoulders of the road. Both had super unleaded gasoline for $2.45 a gallon. Upon arriving home, my wife informed me that a rumor was circulating that gas prices were going up tremendously tonight. Anyway, I had to go back to town to take one of our cats to the vet (which happens to be on the same street as these two gas stations). The first one was even more crowded than earlier, and the second one wasn't too crowded at all. Then I noticed why -- they'd raised their prices 20 cents a gallon in about a half hour's time!

Looks like a repeat of the 9/11 gas price gouging. I waited in line at the cheaper station and finally was able to top off my Jeep's tank for $30. I'll bet there will be a few fist fights as well. There were two lines, one coming from each direction, with one side of the pumps handling vehicles facing north and the other handling those facing south. As soon as I pulled out, a guy that wasn't in either line cut through the parking lot towards me and whipped into the spot I had just vacated before the guy behind me could pull up. I wonder if he got his ass beat?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
didn't notice lines this morning, but I did notice higher prices then you were able to get it for. I paid $2.55 this morning on the southeast side of Indy, cost me $19 to fill up, seen it for $2.50 in Westfield and by the time I hit northern Indiana gas was priced anywhere from $2.65-$2.69. Thankfully I won't need gas to get back to Indy, I can make it on a less than a tank.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Not yet here..but I did buy another gas can today and filled it up..that gives me a complete refill for the SUV...

Hopefully ol'George dump some from the reserves and that will help out some..

I think it's time for the fuckers in Indy to start looking at these gas stations and if it's warranted to set a fixed price....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. $2.49 'round here.

I got it last night around midnight at that price, and there was only one other person gassing up then.

A friend of mine told me in class that some place in Indy was $4.00, but he wasn't sure what octane.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:29:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have noticed that prices in Northern IN are about $.10 higher than the rest of the state.
We are getting boned up here.
Have seen everything from $2.59 to 2.77 yesterday.
I'm betting it will skyrocket real soon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:01:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Gas has run $2.50 to $2.70/gal here in Indy, depending on which side of town you're on. I filled up yesterday, on word that "gas prices would be over $3.00/gal by morning."  They were $2.61 at the corner station on my way to work this AM. Will be interesting to see how much prices have moved by the time I head home this evening. Based on the descriptions of the damage down south, I think things will get much worse before they get any better...

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:03:10 AM EDT
[#6]
My station was out of gas this morning as it was running about 20 cents cheaper then most in Indy.  Going out at lunch to find gas.  I may use some of my "stock" at home for this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My station was out of gas this morning...

I'd heard rumors of that happening in various places.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I passed two gas stations on my way home tonight. Both were packed with lines going down the shoulders of the road. Both had super unleaded gasoline for $2.45 a gallon. Upon arriving home, my wife informed me that a rumor was circulating that gas prices were going up tremendously tonight. Anyway, I had to go back to town to take one of our cats to the vet (which happens to be on the same street as these two gas stations). The first one was even more crowded than earlier, and the second one wasn't too crowded at all. Then I noticed why -- they'd raised their prices 20 cents a gallon in about a half hour's time!

Looks like a repeat of the 9/11 gas price gouging. I waited in line at the cheaper station and finally was able to top off my Jeep's tank for $30. I'll bet there will be a few fist fights as well. There were two lines, one coming from each direction, with one side of the pumps handling vehicles facing north and the other handling those facing south. As soon as I pulled out, a guy that wasn't in either line cut through the parking lot towards me and whipped into the spot I had just vacated before the guy behind me could pull up. I wonder if he got his ass beat?

Someone drew down on him?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I had to run down to Indy this morning. I stopped at the Flying-J on I-65 / exit 201 & filled up for $2.55/gal at 7:00 AM. I stopped at the same one and filled up at 4:00 PM.... for $2.74/gal.

ETA: Actually, now that I think about it, there were a few cars in line at every pump this afternoon.

Yikes.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I just topped off for the 2nd time today.  Expect $2.98 in the morning as I've had 2 station owners tell me that's where they were going to price at.  Check out www.crystal-flash.com/.

Dear Valued Customer:

Due to Hurricane Katrina's proximity to the Gulf Coast, all Indiana terminals have been placed on allocation, limiting the amount of gasoline available in the Indiana market. As of noon, Crystal Flash can not buy any more gasoline and diesel product from our suppliers for the day.

Because we must maintain a minimum amount of product in our tanks to keep them from floating to the surface, we may be forced to temporarily discontinue the sale of gasoline at some of our locations. Please bear with us as we work through potential gasoline shortages during the next several days. The management of Crystal Flash Petroleum will work very hard to procure supply during this time of uncertainty. Until the market recovers from the effects of Hurricane Katrina we ask for your patience and your assistance in promoting the conservation of fuel.

Thank you.

I'm thinking this is going to be a rough week.  I even filled up a couple of 5 gal cans...just in case.  The wife is going to pick up an extra $100 worth of canned goods to put back for reserve.  Guys, the economy is going to be in the shitter if gas and fuel go to $3.00 or $4.00 this year.  Get ready!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just topped off for the 2nd time today.  Expect $2.98 in the morning as I've had 2 station owners tell me that's where they were going to price at.  Check out www.crystal-flash.com/.

Dear Valued Customer:

Due to Hurricane Katrina's proximity to the Gulf Coast, all Indiana terminals have been placed on allocation, limiting the amount of gasoline available in the Indiana market. As of noon, Crystal Flash can not buy any more gasoline and diesel product from our suppliers for the day.

Because we must maintain a minimum amount of product in our tanks to keep them from floating to the surface, we may be forced to temporarily discontinue the sale of gasoline at some of our locations. Please bear with us as we work through potential gasoline shortages during the next several days. The management of Crystal Flash Petroleum will work very hard to procure supply during this time of uncertainty. Until the market recovers from the effects of Hurricane Katrina we ask for your patience and your assistance in promoting the conservation of fuel.

Thank you.

I'm thinking this is going to be a rough week.  I even filled up a couple of 5 gal cans...just in case.  The wife is going to pick up an extra $100 worth of canned goods to put back for reserve.  Guys, the economy is going to be in the shitter if gas and fuel go to $3.00 or $4.00 this year.  Get ready!

I shudder to think about if gas stations here in Illinois are cutting down their supplies.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I just topped off for the 2nd time today. Expect $2.98 in the morning as I've had 2 station owners tell me that's where they were going to price at.  Check out www.crystal-flash.com/.

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you.

Yep. One of the Ricker's in Muncie is going to $2.98 tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#14]
indianagasprices dot com

$3.69 in Connersville

$3.49 in Marion, Gas City, south Bend

Yesterday weren't they wondering if it would hit the $3.00 mark?  Is it going to the $4.00 mark today?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
indianagasprices dot com

$3.69 in Connersville

$3.49 in Marion, Gas City, south Bend

Yesterday weren't they wondering if it would hit the $3.00 mark?  Is it going to the $4.00 mark today?

South Bend news stations are predicting $4.00 very soon (within a day or two).  Glad my trips up north end today and I'll be home with no where to go.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#16]
over 3.50 up in Carmel - west side still reporting as low as 2.59, though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#17]
$3.77 in Clinton.

Come on, baby!  You can do it!  $4.00 by the close of business today!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#18]
FYI In Indy for the past 2 years I see a 20 to 25 cent variation on any given day driving across town.  Same locations are always high, others are always low.  Best price is almost always at 38th and High School road, NE corner station, a marathon.

The super low prices I see this week are at 34th and Keystone.  Still holding at 2.47 this morning, but the shit hole station is jam packed with cars!

BP at Fall Creek and 38th is usually low too (fairgrounds).

These are all shitty hoods, but I drive one or more of them almost daily.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I may have to ride a bicycle for the 20-mile roundtrip to work. Wal-Mart's probably sold out of bikes.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't get it.  last night I topped off at $2.63 at the Shell at 86th and Ditch.  There was only 1 other car on the lot buying gas.  Several people inside buying cigs and pop.  This afternoon the same station had people in line 5 and 6 cars deep for $2.99 gas.  Why wouldn't the oil companies try to tear our heads off when we line up for it?

I'm also surprised at the number of people I called last night that had not even thought about topping off or filling up.  No wonder we have Julia Carson in the House...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I have 20 gal in the in the garage as my "reserve-bug out fuel" with some Sta-Bil in it.

As for the prices...Kroger Gas was $2.72.....Citgo was $3.19....the lowest was $2.58....but it was changing..
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Just got back from a trip to Livonia MI on business.
I started out filling the company car for $2.57/gal.
Got back and filled it again for $3.29.
One day jump of $.72/gal.

We hit Dexter, MI at about 8:00am and there was a huge line at the truck stop that went out on the road. Price was $2.69 there at that time. We came back and the line was gone and the price was $3.19.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#24]
looks like the gas companies are really going ot hang it in our asses this time I'm going to start riding a bike again.  Maybe this way I will lose the large SHTF beer belly I have aquired.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Maybe if gas prices get high enough, poor people will stop driving!

Then maybe 465 (Indianapolis Loop) won't be a parking lot every AM/PM rush hour!  With the time I save sitting in traffic, I can be more productive, and make more money.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Nice to see we have some of the highest price gas in the country.heckGAS
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#27]
$3.49 at Mr. Fuel, Pilot and Flying J this afternoon at about 1530.  Costco is reportedly ran out of gas.  I topped off at Krogers with my plus card for $3.09 and still have some reserve gas in the garage.

My brother mentioned to me that I may want to invest in a couple locking gas caps.  I'm thinking that makes a lot of "cents" right now.  It won't be long before people are running through neighborhoods stealing gas.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I saw 3.50, 3.60 and 3.70 respectivley at a Marathon in Plainfield at lunch.

And so $4 looms on the horizon for Hoosiers.  Just great.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I've heard all summer on underground talk radio that $4.00 is the "panic" price.  That must be why Bush is releasing some reserves.  I don't think middle America is ready for the shock of going from $1.70 in the fall to $4.00 by the next fall.  This time 2 years ago we were freaked out by the thought of hitting $2.00 per gallon.

One thing is sure, we're proving to the oil companies that we will pay $3.50 or $4.00 a gallon and not slow down or park our cars.  I've slowed down to 55 or 60 mph and I'm damn near getting ran over on 465.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#31]
You guys ever seen The Road Warrior ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Good movie?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#33]
$2.99 at the Speedway in Brownsburg (136 & Hornady) this afternoon.

In two weeks I'm transferring back to "Kaleefornyah". I get to drive a moving truck towing a car on a trailer, and my wife is driving my mom's car. I have to pay for the move, great timing huh?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good movie?

You are joking right?

Just in case, put it this way, Tom Osborne would tell you to watch it and take notes.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good movie?

You are joking right?

Just in case, put it this way, Tom Osborne would tell you to watch it and take notes.

"Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com essential video
A strong candidate for the designation of most thrilling action movie ever made (the turbo-charged exhilaration of its full-throttle highway chases has never been equaled), the second part of George Miller's post-apocalyptic trilogy is also a magnificently imagined movie myth. Like the Star Wars trilogy (by that other George) the Mad Max films draw their inspiration from the works of mythologist Joseph Campbell. In the 1979 original, Max (Mel Gibson) is a policeman, the last guardian of civilization and order in a devastated world reduced to chaos. But when a leather-clad gang of sadomasochistic speed demons mows down Max's family, his remaining connections to humanity are also permanently severed. After brutally exacting his revenge, Max wanders off into the wasteland alone, "a burned out shell of a man" who (to paraphrase The Searchers) is destined to wander forever between the winds. In The Road Warrior, Max rediscovers a sliver of his shattered humanity, and a spark of redemption, when he helps an embattled colony of pioneers fight off the savages who are after that most precious of all commodities: "gasoline." Max is transformed into a legendary hero, just as Mel Gibson was catapulted to international movie stardom. With its final stirring images, The Road Warrior transcends its genre (whatever that may be--science fiction? Western? action adventure?) and becomes something timeless. It's a great movie. --Jim Emerson"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top