Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 3:06:29 PM EDT
I am very interested in the Benelli but am not shore about it's overall relaibility. My plan is to pick up the standard riot gun and at some point submit paperwork to legal register and convert it in to a SBS if I like it enough. If you have any experience with one of these please let me know your thouhts.

Thanks,
Adrian
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:18:59 AM EDT
I'm not sure if I have the one you are talking about but I think so. The one I have comes with the short barrel and different sights. If this is the one then what would you like to know about it? I would be happy to tell you.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:16:51 PM EDT
I have a Nova SP and like it... a LOT. Really happy with what I got for the money. It's a pump, so in terms of reliability I wouldn't accept (or expect) anything other than 100%. One feature that I really like is having the abilty to easily remove the round from the chamber wihout worrying about the rounds in the magazine.

Two things to consider - it's quite light and pushes back accordingly (read: just because it can handle 3.5" shells doesn't mean it's a good idea ); and keep in mind that the receiver is integrated into the stock so things like add on pistol grips, etc. are not ever going to be possible.

If you're in the Richmond area, I'd be happy to meet you at the range and let you try it out.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:31:15 AM EDT
Sweet shotgun, my dad has one as his dedicated slug gun. It's light, handles well, and the sights are excellent. The only downside I have seen is that the accessory/tactical gizmo selection might be a little thin, and it kicks like a mo-fo with the heavier loads due to the light weight.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:02:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mallcop:
I am very interested in the Benelli but am not shore about it's overall relaibility. My plan is to pick up the standard riot gun and at some point submit paperwork to legal register and convert it in to a SBS if I like it enough. If you have any experience with one of these please let me know your thouhts.

Thanks,
Adrian

I recently obtained a nova and have shot about 30 rounds through it of the swat low recoil and love the gun. i have note done the large stuff yet so i dont know about that YET. I have the Regular one and not the tactical as you are intrested in. I do know that you can buy a recoil dampener for it that goes in the stock and is easy to install. I am going to get that here soon though. So far i love the gun but must say that i still like my Remingon 870 a little beter but that is because it has a speed feed pistol stock on it
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:35:47 AM EDT
I have 3, one is with a 28inch barrel with 5500 rounds through it. Gets cleaned about every 250 rounds of trap. I let it go once to about 1000 rounds it kept on going. I also have the Entry and H20 Version. The H20 Version is behind the bed for my wife to use. The only reason I keep the H2O version in the bedroom vs the Entry is the rust potential.

HTH

John
Top Top