Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 8:31:27 AM EDT
I plan on going tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#1]

I want to go, but my family has had a really difficult week, so I don't yet know.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Tomorrow morning. I need ammo and someone to take this flippin G21 off of my hands.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Tomorrow morning. I need ammo and someone to take this flippin G21 off of my hands.

Got an EE ad for the G21?  

Or wanna IM me a price?  I know a guy...

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there.  Probably tomorrow AM.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm really hoping they have some ammo there, I canceled my order at Lancer after 6 weeks of waiting.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there. I literally live around the corner.  I'd walk but I don't want to walk home with all that heavy ammo.  Hopefully the guy selling ammo cans is there, I need a few more
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#7]
The wife and I might go.  This will be our first time here in VA since moving here from CA.

How can we identify ourselves as ARFCOMers?  

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The wife and I might go.  This will be our first time here in VA since moving here from CA.

Welcome to Virginia, I think your going to love this show after California.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#9]
i'll be there in the am
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Too far i think for me....and i need to sell this 22-4 :(
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm a Californian too, welcome to Virginia.  I love it here!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Well, you can ID me as the guy in the purple t-shirt, navy blue backpack, and navy blue cap.

If you see me, say Hi.

Mark

Oh yeah, at the Richmond Showplace shows, we often meet for lunch.  That can probably happen here sometime, but personally I'm on a short schedule today.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I am heading out now

It was good last time, hoping to see some deals.........
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I just got back from the show.  I was pretty happy with this one compared to the last one.

Most of the regular vendors were there such as Georgia Arms, Quantico Arms, Dark Sun, and 2 seperate Glock tables.

I bought some used M14 Magazines for $25 each from the guy at the London Bridge Trading Table. I can't tell a genuine USGI magazine form some of the better made Chinese etc, but these (because of the degree of wear and just having a GI feel to them) seem to be the real deal.

Quantico Arms had Glock 21 Magazines for $17, which was about $3 cheaer than everyone else.

Georgia Arms is selling 55gr for $95/500, which I think is what the were selling it for last show, but up $10 since the VA Beach show in Dec.  There was a guy at a table, I don't know his name/company, but he was selling a brand of 5.56, 62gr, I had never heard of it was Amsco or Armsco something like that for $95 per 500. It looked it was made in the U.A.E.  I thought about it but was too chicken to spend that much without a previous review.

After the 10-8 Class, I really want Crimson Trace grips for my Glock 21. One of the Glock stuff dealers had one he wanted about $315 for, but the Dark Sun guy says he sells them for $240 (he was out of stock though).  I am going to check with Grant and see what he sells them for before I buy.

The Glock guy with the big black Glock sign over his table was installing night sights. He offered Trijicon sights for $95 installed (while you wait) and $85 for Meprolight sights.

The crowds weren't too bad either.  I saw Dr Mark, but no one else.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I was happy with this one. Was it just me, or did they double the floor space this time? It seemed like there was a lot more room in there than last time. Granted, there seemed to be less folks. Wild Bills Gunleather was there, and I've been wanting another one of their outstanding belts. I made my normal trip to the Georgia Arms table ("One thousand 5.56 and five hundred 9mm, please"). Picked up a flyer for LBT's moving sale at the end of next month. There's sure to be some bargains there. They had a really nice coyote backpack (similar to an Eagle AIII) with PALS on it for $75. That's a friggin STEAL.

I have some on that Adcom 62 gr stuff, but I haven't shot it yet to see how I like it.

I rarely crack up over the various bumper stickers, but this one did me in: "Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver"

I'm also looking for Lasergrips for my 1911, but for my Glock I want to try one of those Lasermax systems.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#16]
It was nice in that is wasn't as crowded like it usually is in Hampton. I think the attendance was down (at least Sat morning), but it was steady. There were also a few big gaps in exhibitor space in the back, which I don't remember seeing before. Maybe they are just using more floorspace this time and everybody spread out.

No complaints about the show, but I didn't find any unbelievable deals either, It did seem like prices are creeping up a little on guns...even at Dark Sun.

If you are thinking about going, do it. Its worth the trip.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Were there any dealers selling stripped AR-15 lowers?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#18]
There were a LOT of stripped lowers that I saw, including a guy who had a table full of those billet aluminum deals from Sun Devil Mfg.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I got back a couple hours ago and was pretty impressed with the show.  I managed to get a battle pack of the guat. 5.56, some of the Adcom 5.56, and got some of the georgia arms 68 gr BTHP to try out.  There was alot of AR-15 stuff.  They had a couple of the Barret 6.8's and a 6.5 Grendal AR's.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:42:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Picked up a flyer for LBT's moving sale at the end of next month. There's sure to be some bargains there.

When's that going down?  They've been talking about the move forever, but seem to never update their webpage.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Saturday April 29th, 0700-1500 at the Virginia Beach Blvd location.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Were there any dealers selling stripped AR-15 lowers?

Dark Sun had some stripped Rock River's. I think they were $109.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

What is this????? Thanx.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:48:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is this????? Thanx.

I think he's referring to London Bridge Trading's moving sale from their Virginia Beach store on BA Bch Blvd.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I wish I had known about the Hampton show. Does anyone know when the next one is?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#27]
How are the prices there compared to other shows. For example the Nova shows and the ones in Richmond.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I wish I had known about the Hampton show. Does anyone know when the next one is?

June 3-4. See www.guns-knives.com
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I don't know if your a member of VCDL or not, but if you sign up for their email newsletter, you will get a complete listing of all Virginia gun shows.  You will also stay current on the issues that effect us as Virginia gun owners.

The link is below.

VCDL Home Page
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:11:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Good seeing you there, Bladerunner.

One dealer had "LMT" barrel uppers, they had the little LMT checklist tags, but the barrels were 1/9 and the prices were much lower than anything I've seen from LMT.  Also, the uppers weren't LMT marked (though earlier ones weren't).

Does LMT make 1/9 barrels?

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#31]
It appears that everyone that attended and posted here was impressed by the show. You just never know, the last show with the same location and the same promoters, didn't seem to have nearly the quality of this one.

I was pleasantly surprised to see some of my co-workers there.  I would have never figured these guys to be fans of the AR.  I have to introduce them to Arfcom now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm fairly new to the black rifle world, but I was impressed with the AR gunsmith that there.  He removed my A2 upper from my barrel and replaced it with an A3 upper that I bought from him.  I also bought a flip-up rear sight which he bore sighted in.  It took him an hour, and he charged me $20 for labor.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#33]
That was probably Andy.  Real nice guy.  I bought a complete bolt and rear sight for my Zombie Rifle from him.

I spent most of Saturday there with my shopping list.  Got everything I needed for my rifle plus 500 rounds of Georgia Arms .223.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top