Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 6:08:36 PM EDT
I was carious of everyone here buying AR off list Lower, does anyone here have bought an off list AK lower yet?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have and I know there are many others.  NDS-3 and NDS-4 for me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep in mind there's only been one california legal AK built at this point as far as I know.  It takes a lot of tools and technical know-how to assemble an AK and the offlist AK recievers aren't the best around.  Unless you're DIE HARD about having an AK I'd hold off on them.  Keep in mind the EBRs that people are building from offlist AR lowers make AKs look like C&R rifles.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Keep in mind there's only been one california legal AK built at this point as far as I know.  It takes a lot of tools and technical know-how to assemble an AK and the offlist AK recievers aren't the best around.  Unless you're DIE HARD about having an AK I'd hold off on them.  Keep in mind the EBRs that people are building from offlist AR lowers make AKs look like C&R rifles.

It's very easy to remove the pistol grip and make it CA legal without having to pin the mag and make it top loading.  Plus you get to keep it detachable mag and use all those preban magazines you bought way back in '99.  If you have relatively big hands it shouldn't be a problem at all.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Also keep in mind that the receivers themselves are perfectly legal.  Buy the receiver, and if/when it gets listed, register it and then build it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top