Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2020 9:10:54 PM EDT
I’ve been searching around lately trying to find another 10/22 that I can use to teach my nephew/niece/son with

I would use my take down mode but it’s got too many aftermarket upgrades and a light trigger

Been trying to find an older factory model that I can just put tech sights on and teach them with

Anyone seen any around Raleigh lately?

I know it’s slim but figured I’d post to see what the people would say
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be real surprised if you find a used one for sale right now.

It does look like Palmetto State has new ones in stock.

For now.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I was going to suggest the Capital City show at the fairgrounds but that was last weekend. There's a Dixie Gun & Knife show coming up on Jan 16-17.

ETA: Maybe post a WTB at Carolina Firearms Forum? They have a pretty active buy/sell/trade section.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was going to suggest the Capital City show at the fairgrounds but that was last weekend. There's a Dixie Gun & Knife show coming up on Jan 16-17.

ETA: Maybe post a WTB at Carolina Firearms Forum? They have a pretty active buy/sell/trade section.
View Quote

@grondike
Actually did that last night and had one within 12 hours of posting it. Actually had several people offering, but went one who could trade me straight up for a Ruger Wrangler i impulses bought

I’m happy with it, previous owner had used it for Appleseed shoots for his kids. The action was bedded and barrel free floated.  I had the scope sitting around needing a home, only upgrades I’m planning is to get a Kidd charging handle & buffer for it
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd be real surprised if you find a used one for sale right now.

It does look like Palmetto State has new ones in stock.

For now.
View Quote

@flatfrogflyer

Yeah I had checked with every pawn shop, gun shop, and forum I could think of

Lucked out and got one today in trade
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@grondike
Actually did that last night and had one within 12 hours of posting it. Actually had several people offering, but went one who could trade me straight up for a Ruger Wrangler i impulses bought

I'm happy with it, previous owner had used it for Appleseed shoots for his kids. The action was bedded and barrel free floated.  I had the scope sitting around needing a home, only upgrades I'm planning is to get a Kidd charging handle & buffer for it
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394510/ECC228A8-6EC4-4383-B358-14EC0C332440_jpe-1745345.JPG
View Quote
Awesome. Sounds like you got a deal on that one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top