Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2017 8:34:20 PM EDT
Rebuilding my great grandfather's Marlin 97 from the receiver up(inherited the receiver and 80% of the internals) and think I want to go with a chrome receiver and blued barrel/magazine. Anyone know of a place that can do the receiver, lever, bolt and hammer? The barrel came in today so I've finally gotten the build started and am kicking ideas around.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Chem Processing near Chicago.

EPA is shutting most of them down.

Try some of the vendors in this link. Good luck.
link
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#2]
there's a shop, or was somewhere along broadway in dsm that does/did it for years.

when you want small quantity chroming done, contact the nearest harley davidson shop and start asking those guys.  they get that question nonstop and always know of somebody that'll chrome small item goodies.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
there's a shop, or was somewhere along broadway in dsm that does/did it for years.

when you want small quantity chroming done, contact the nearest harley davidson shop and start asking those guys.  they get that question nonstop and always know of somebody that'll chrome small item goodies.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip, didn't think to start asking the Harley crowd!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#4]
try these guys. Never done business with them.

chrome in Dubuque
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Might have a place found-anyone ever dealt with Craftguard in Waterloo? According to their price list they do chrome, electroless nickel and hot blue. Only an hour away from me, so getting it to them isn't a big issue(I hate shipping guns, even when I know I'm legal).
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:07:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top