Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 4/1/2022 3:20:24 PM EDT

APR 8 AT 5 PM – APR 10 AT 3 PM
Des Moines Gun Show
Iowa State Fairgrounds

I was figuring I'd go. Thought I'd see if anyone wanted to meet for breakfast or lunch.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I use to go every time.  Now, maybe twice a year.  Prices are high.  Selection is lower.  It just isn't worth it anymore.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use to go every time.  Now, maybe twice a year.  Prices are high.  Selection is lower.  It just isn't worth it anymore.
View Quote

I don't think any gun show is worth it anymore. I'm giving up on them
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Durkin Tactical was at a fairground show several months ago.  They got banned from the show because their prices were lower than the other dealers.  Those dealers complained and got Durkin banned from the show.  I'm sure there is more to the story, though.
Better deals to be found on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Durkin Tactical was at a fairground show several months ago.  They got banned from the show because their prices were lower than the other dealers.  Those dealers complained and got Durkin banned from the show.  I'm sure there is more to the story, though.
Better deals to be found on the internet.
View Quote

If that was the case Sieh would have been banned years ago.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If that was the case Sieh would have been banned years ago.
View Quote
Durkin actually sent out an email on it.  Ask them about it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Durkin actually sent out an email on it.  Ask them about it.
View Quote

I've worked gun shows tho not recently.  The dynamic between promoter and dealer and between the various dealers can be interesting to say the least.  Lots of sharp elbows.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Gun shows are fine if you're looking for a new gun or the cheapest, bottom barrel parts to build an AR from. Anything else is easier and cheaper to source elsewhere.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top