Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:02:20 AM EST
[#1]
A Special Election is being held October 28th, 2021, from 6:00 p.m to 8:00 p.m. at the Pickaway County Sportsmen, Inc. (at the pavilion).
If you are a member, please come out to VOTE!

The following nominees will work for the PCSI members

Bill Brubach
Mike Lyons
Doug Burke
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 1:02:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: TAB-1] [#2]
The next general election for the Pickaway County Sportsmen Club Inc. Will be November 18th, 2021, from 7 pm to 8 pm. The nominations will be held at the PCSI General meeting on October 21, 2021.  

Todd A. Brooks      Nominee for PCSI President

Peter Stryjewski     Nominee for PCSI Director

The 2 nominees listed above will be responsive to member needs and concerns and exercise their duties with transparency and accessibility.

Remember November 18th, 2021 will be the election of PCSI leadership. Come out and VOTE.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 3:18:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: Digital_Chaos] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TAB-1:
The next general election for the Pickaway County Sportsmen Club Inc. Will be November 18th, 2021, from 7 pm to 8 pm. The nominations will be held at the PCSI General meeting on October 21, 2021.  

Todd A. Brooks      Nominee for PCSI President

Peter Stryjewski     Nominee for PCSI Director

The 2 nominees listed above will be responsive to member needs and concerns and exercise their duties with transparency and accessibility.

Remember November 18th, 2021 will be the election of PCSI leadership. Come out and VOTE.
View Quote


OK who the F ARE YOU?   you want to identify yourself before we ask the mods to nuke your troll account
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 4:08:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: vaughn4380] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Digital_Chaos:


OK who the F ARE YOU?   you want to identify yourself before we ask the mods to nuke your troll account
View Quote


I just popped in to give a quick update and found our new member beat me to it. I am not sure who TAB-1 is, however, his post echoes an email the legit board sent out a few days ago. At this point the legit board's plan is to try and sweep the upcoming special election this month for the seats that opened up when the rogue board removed the duly elected board, as well as sweep the general election in November for the seats that would have naturally been up for election. This decision was made after the bill came in for the first court hearing which the club now owes (I do not have an amount, but heard it was a lot). The rogue board's lawyer is trying to drag this out as long as possible and the costs are piling up. If a majority can be elected to the board that oppose the current rogue board, the lawsuit can be dropped and the restraining order rescinded. Discipline could then take place against those who are attempting to subvert the process. The names TAB-1 listed are supporters of Mark and the legit board. While he could have provided a bit more info, I think his intentions were genuine.

For any members that may be on the fence, please plan to attend the special election this month, and the general election next month. It would be great to get the club back and put this behind us.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 4:26:05 PM EST
[#5]
I think it's a pretty good guess to say TAB-1 is Todd A. Brooks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 4:29:45 PM EST
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:
I think it's a pretty good guess to say TAB-1 is Todd A. Brooks.
View Quote




I totally missed that. We will see if he comes back or not.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 8:35:57 PM EST
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:05:11 AM EST
[#8]
I can make a guess that TAB-1 is Todd Brooks. He is a past president and has worked tirelessly for PCSI in the 20+ years I have known and worked with him. He is a good man and dedicated to the shooting sports. If I were still a member, he would 100% have my vote. That being said, he is also not super tech savvy so give him a bit to respond before you bust out the torches and pitchforks :)
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:46:51 AM EST
[#9]
Sorry for any confusion, but I'm new to this site and still getting my "sea legs" so to speak. My name is Todd A. Brooks (TAB), and I'm currently a Nominee for President of Pickaway County Sportsmen Inc. We have a couple of important elections coming up, and I wanted to make interested parties aware of the Special Election to be held on October 28th, 2021, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Club. The General Election will be held on November 18th, 2021, at the General Members Meeting. I would appreciate any Club members who might be on this site spreading the word about these elections, as they will determine the future course of PCSI.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:35:54 AM EST
[#10]
Thanks for the support. Todd A. Brooks
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 3:41:25 PM EST
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:14:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: vaughn4380] [#12]
Update for 10/27/21: I just received this email and it says everything better than I can. I only wish to add that all members are highly encouraged to attend the vote tomorrow to fill the three positions left open when the judge wrongfully installed the Gordon Riddle board. If you don’t approve of the current rogue board’s actions, nor the secret use of $30,000 of club funds to further a personal vendetta against other club members, than PCSI needs your vote tomorrow!

For those of you who missed the Thursday Members' Meeting  I offer the following observations.

After much direct questioning from fellow Club Members and a fair amount of essentially non-responsive answers, the Riddle board reluctantly admitted they had spent approximately $30,000 from the Club's Edward D Jones investment accounts to pay legal bills received to date.

It's fair to say that those members not on or associated with the Riddle board were gobsmacked by this  revelation. Shouts of "thieves" and "crooks" (along with more earthy expletives) greeted the revelation. This was particularly true for Club Members who had attended the prior Members' Meeting on September 16, where we were regaled by Gordon Riddle and other Officers about the total unavailability of ANY monies to pay Club expenses since the bank account had been "frozen."

Non-Riddlers are currently investigating any legal and economic remedies that may be available to our Club as a result of these previously clandestine expenditures.

As you cast your votes this Thursday night in the special election please remember that approval of these expenditures and, in fact, their very existence was concealed from the Club's Members at previous General Members'  Meetings. It was only revealed Thursday night after persistent questioning by non-Riddle Members.

Please vote for Bill Brubach, Mike Lyons and Doug Burke. They pledge to run the club for the members (not a self-absorbed board), be mindful of the Club's obligations as a not-for-profit (including matches that are open to the public), be entirely honest and forthright in all communications with you (unlike the current board) and seek appropriate restitution for any monies misspent by the current Riddle board and officers.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 8:26:29 PM EST
[#13]
Just got the election results. Bill Brubach, Doug Burke, and Mike Lyons all won seats as board members. This is good news. Clean sweep for the anti Maple/Riddle camp. There will be another election November 18 for club president, treasurer, and another board member seat. Hopefully we can soon end the lawsuit and start the healing process.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:39:06 PM EST
[#14]
So where is Mark in all this?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:16:29 PM EST
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Digital_Chaos:
So where is Mark in all this?
View Quote


Mark has been banned from club property via restraining order by the judge handling the case based on accusations from the John Maple/Gordon Riddle board. Due to the court costs, Mark’s side has decided to try and sweep elections to get supporters on the board, then vote to drop the lawsuit against Mark and his supporters and allow them back on property.

Doing it this way will result in Mark, and the legitimate board members who were removed, not retaining their board seats, but will provide the quickest resolution. Gordon Riddle informed the club they have paid $30,000 in club funds to the lawyer they hired to attack Mark. This doesn’t include what Mark and his supporters have spent from their own pockets on their defense.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:43:15 PM EST
[#16]
Has anyone done a full account of the guns we have on the property yet?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:01:01 PM EST
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Digital_Chaos:
Has anyone done a full account of the guns we have on the property yet?
View Quote


Yes. That is one of the discrepancies. John Maple and Gordon Riddle claimed to the court that guns were missing. However, when John Maple was given the key to the armory he did an inventory and all guns were accounted for. But the judge hasn’t been informed of that yet.

I was at the club meeting where John reported he verified all guns were present.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 3:19:01 PM EST
[#18]
Sounds like things are getting cleaned up. That's great news!
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 9:07:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: Fido0305] [#19]
No, things are not getting cleaned up and will not until the people who misappropriated $30K of the clubs money are held accountable and required to reimburse those funds to the club.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 11:27:25 AM EST
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fido0305:
No, things are not getting cleaned up and will not until the people who misappropriated $30K of the clubs money are held accountable and required to reimburse those funds to the club.
View Quote


Well as we heard last night, it is now $50,000+.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 12:55:15 PM EST
[#21]
WOW 50 K that's jail time for some folks.

OK so who are the big spenders John and friends or Mark and fiends. I am totally lost on who is who in this now..
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 12:56:55 PM EST
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fido0305:
No, things are not getting cleaned up and will not until the people who misappropriated $30K of the clubs money are held accountable and required to reimburse those funds to the club.
View Quote


and you new account 1 post guys... come on.. unless you have something to contribute.. stay on the side lines. in other words more details.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 1:54:20 PM EST
[#23]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Digital_Chaos:
WOW 50 K that's jail time for some folks.

OK so who are the big spenders John and friends or Mark and fiends. I am totally lost on who is who in this now..
View Quote


John Maple, Gordon Riddle, the treasurer, and the board members that support them have spent the $50K+ of club money on the lawyer they hired to sue Mark and his supporters. The judge did install them as the "legit" board (even though they lied to the judge to get that ruling and violated club rules to vote Mark out of office), so I am not sure there are criminal charges applicable for spending the money. They didn't actually steal it, they just spent it on club activity that a majority of the club members don't want.

What could the club have done with $50K to promote the shooting sports in Pickaway County? This why the best course of action now is to vote in a new board completely, and a new president and treasurer. Continued legal proceedings will bankrupt the club. I know both sides are reading this thread so I am going to hold off on providing much more info. This thread was started to bring awareness of what is going on to members who might not have attended a club meeting lately, and to encourage all members to show up and vote for who you think will be the best stewards of the club and the funds. The next election is November 18th.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 5:37:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: Fido0305] [#24]
Just saw on the website that the Nov meeting will be at the Ankrom Building. And just received a club email confirming that.  Will apparently be a combination regular meeting, renewal meeting and elections.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 7:50:52 AM EST
[#25]
@vaughn4380

are you going to the thursday meeting on the 18th?

Link Posted: 11/12/2021 2:50:11 PM EST
[#26]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Digital_Chaos:
@vaughn4380

are you going to the thursday meeting on the 18th?

View Quote


Yes!
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 12:23:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: TAB-1] [#27]
Thursday, November 18th will be the last member's meeting of the year.  This year we will be returning to the Ankrom building for a brief meeting, followed by the mandatory safety presentation, followed by the election.  All paperwork for renewing membership will be available for you to take with you and return envelopes will be provided.  The meeting starts at 7:00, doors will open at 6:30.  

Pickaway County Ankrom Building
415 Lancaster Pike, Circleville, Ohio 43113.
General Election 7 pm to 9 pm.

Nominees for Office

Todd A. Brooks    President
Shirley Lear        Treasurer
Ron Duncan        Executive Officer
Pete Stryjewski   Director
Rick Lear           Director

We will work for the PCSI Members
If you are a PCSI member VOTE!
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 2:43:25 PM EST
[#28]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TAB-1:
Thursday, November 18th will be the last member's meeting of the year.  This year we will be returning to the Ankrom building for a brief meeting, followed by the mandatory safety presentation, followed by the election.  All paperwork for renewing membership will be available for you to take with you and return envelopes will be provided.  The meeting starts at 7:00, doors will open at 6:30.  

Pickaway County Ankrom Building
415 Lancaster Pike, Circleville, Ohio 43113.
General Election 7 pm to 9 pm.

Nominees for Office

Todd A. Brooks    President
Shirley Lear        Treasurer
Ron Duncan        Executive Officer
Pete Stryjewski   Director
Rick Lear           Director

We will work for the PCSI Members
If you are a PCSI member VOTE!
View Quote



@vaughn4380   what ya thinking on this one?
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 6:30:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: vaughn4380] [#29]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Digital_Chaos:



@vaughn4380   what ya thinking on this one?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Digital_Chaos:
Originally Posted By TAB-1:
Thursday, November 18th will be the last member's meeting of the year.  This year we will be returning to the Ankrom building for a brief meeting, followed by the mandatory safety presentation, followed by the election.  All paperwork for renewing membership will be available for you to take with you and return envelopes will be provided.  The meeting starts at 7:00, doors will open at 6:30.  

Pickaway County Ankrom Building
415 Lancaster Pike, Circleville, Ohio 43113.
General Election 7 pm to 9 pm.

Nominees for Office

Todd A. Brooks    President
Shirley Lear        Treasurer
Ron Duncan        Executive Officer
Pete Stryjewski   Director
Rick Lear           Director

We will work for the PCSI Members
If you are a PCSI member VOTE!



@vaughn4380   what ya thinking on this one?


So, full disclosure, over the past six months I have got to know TAB-1 (Todd Brooks) and many of the club members who support Mark Frontera, Mike Cornell, Scott Hixon, and Rob Alan. All of them seem to be genuinely great guys (and ladies) who love the club and want to do what is in the best interest for club members. I truly believe the Riddle/Maple board screwed Mark, Mike, Scott, and Rob by their actions throughout the first part of the year, and then went nuclear with a lawsuit against them using club funds to pay for the lawyer.

So my opinions are shaped by the above. I strongly believe the Maple/Riddle board, and their supporters, need to be removed from office. Not necessarily removed from the club because I don’t want to go all scorched earth, but they have financially harmed the club and brought significant bad press and public opinion to the club.

TAB-1 didn’t mention this, but there are other individuals running for these offices beyond those he mentioned. However, the ones he mentioned are from the same camp that supports Mark, Mike, Scott, and Rob and their vision for the club. More importantly, they support the club members and want to keep the club as a member-directed organization, ensuring a balance is maintained that allows club members to have access to shoot at all times. I plan to vote for each of the members listed in TAB-1’s post and would encourage all club members to attend the meeting on November 18th and vote for the same.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:48:34 PM EST
[#30]
Pretty good turnout tonight. If I hear results tonight I will post them. Listening to all of the candidates speak before the vote made me realize most of them probably do support the club, even the ones I don’t want to win. All of them had a lot of experience helping out with club activities and running youth or shooting events. It is unfortunate everyone couldn’t get along. Hopefully we can start the healing process after tonight.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:55:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: vaughn4380] [#31]
Just heard an UNOFFICIAL report that Todd Brooks, Shirley Lear, Ron Duncan, Pete Stryjewski, and Rick Lear all won their respective positions. I will post again once confirmed. Thanks to all of the members who came out and voted tonight.

ETA: and just received official word that the above results are accurate.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 9:15:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: Fido0305] [#32]
That is good news and it was good to see such a large turnout. It is unfortunate that the members could not vote on the motion to seat the newly elected members immediatedly, but from what I have been able to research (and I admit I am not an expert in these things), it appears that constitutions and bylaws have to be followed or changed, not just temporarily suspended. Now hopefully the outgoing board members don’t do anything to further damage the club. At least the 3 board members elected in the special election are there to keep an eye on things.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:26:00 PM EST
[#33]
I was not able to attend, but was there anything earth shattering at the Board Of Directors meeting tonight?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 4:54:45 PM EST
[#34]
Have the announced anymore renewal / safety meetings Yet? the web page is absolute dog shit these days.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 6:37:55 PM EST
[#35]
What changes do you think the board will put in place ?  I haven’t been following all the details.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:17:48 AM EST
[#36]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fido0305:
I was not able to attend, but was there anything earth shattering at the Board Of Directors meeting tonight?
View Quote


Sorry, I missed your question. Not all of the out-going board was able to attend due to family illness and travel obligations. So the board meeting was rescheduled to 12/9/21 at 7 PM.

This will be the last board meeting before the newly elected members take over.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:24:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: vaughn4380] [#37]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Digital_Chaos:
Have the announced anymore renewal / safety meetings Yet? the web page is absolute dog shit these days.
View Quote


Agreed on the website. I have personally heard plans to improve the website and the new president-elect has a plan to get that process rolling. At this point we are in a holding pattern as the proverbial torch will not be passed until 1/1/22.

I am not aware of future renewal classes at this point but know it has been discussed. Again, not a ton can be done until 1/1/22 by the new board members. A membership coordinator was appointed by the incoming president at Tuesday's "get-together". So someone is on it.

I can post here or IM you when I find out more.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:10:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: vaughn4380] [#38]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lvcipriani:
What changes do you think the board will put in place ?  I haven’t been following all the details.
View Quote




Geez, that could take a while to write up, I have heard a lot from multiple people. I will hit the big ones that I can remember.

1. The five new board members, president-elect, and treasurer-elect that have been elected over the past two months have all stated they want to operate the club, and meetings, with civility and respect to the members. They all believe the club members are the ultimate decision makers and want members to show up at meetings and provide input. The biggest change will be the attitude that club members' opinions matter.

2. The president-elect, Todd, has stated that the next few months will be a bit rough as they decide what to do with the current legal proceedings (and the related bills), and the new board members really get a good look at the current financial situation of the club. But! He really wants to make the membership meetings fun again and something members will want to bring their families to. He has already lined up a kennel that trains retrievers to come out to the club in the spring and do a demonstration with their dogs using the pond. He has also been in touch with the local ODNR representatives about giving a presentation at a meeting, and I think possibly a bird sanctuary or rescue for a demonstration at another meeting. Todd's ultimate plan is to make the board meetings (first Thursday of the month) where business is discussed and the member meetings (third Thursday of the month) where we have fun.

3. A finance committee has been created to assist the Treasurer with accounting for club funds and the financial reporting of those funds. I am on this committee, as well as a few others that are way better qualified than myself . The others are business owners and CPAs and I am excited to work with them and truly feel like the "new guy". Over the past few months I have heard repeated questions from members asking what the balances are in the club accounts and a clear answer could not be provided. The same for where the money was going and who was getting paid. My personal goal is to assist the new treasurer in creating a monthly cash reconciliation showing account balances, receipts, payments, outstanding checks, and book balances that can be provided to any club member upon request at meetings. I never want a member to be in doubt of where we stand financially. The Treasurer-elect has a ton of experience working with 4H clubs, including treasurer duties, and she is onboard with this goal. She is also a very friendly individual and will be less abrasive when members have questions.

4. A lot of discussion has been had about improving the ranges. I know improving the drainage is definitely a concern for a few. I would expect the new board to begin addressing range improvements very soon.

5. I have heard a few of the board members discussing the need to put the past year behind us and repair our image in the community. The last year has exposed a lot of negatives about us to the public and we need to change that. We need to be a club that is welcoming and respects the members. I know the new board members agree with this and will work towards making the club a respected member of the community.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:22:51 PM EST
[#39]
Thanks for all that information on what changes can be expected.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:31:12 PM EST
[#40]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vaughn4380:


Agreed on the website. I have personally heard plans to improve the website and the new president-elect has a plan to get that process rolling. At this point we are in a holding pattern as the proverbial torch will not be passed until 1/1/22.

I am not aware of future renewal classes at this point but know it has been discussed. Again, not a ton can be done until 1/1/22 by the new board members. A membership coordinator was appointed by the incoming president at Tuesday's "get-together". So someone is on it.

I can post here or IM you when I find out more.
View Quote


Post here and IM would be great. I dont want to get locked out because no one is telling anyone anything...
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 9:19:43 PM EST
[#41]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Digital_Chaos:


Post here and IM would be great. I dont want to get locked out because no one is telling anyone anything...
View Quote


At the meeting tonight they scheduled two meetings for those renewing membership, and potential new members: Wednesday January 12 from 6 to 7 PM, and Sunday January 23 from 2 to 3 PM.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 6:12:22 PM EST
[#42]
Has anyone who was at the November meeting and renewed gotten their 2022 id cards yet?
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 6:28:19 PM EST
[#43]
Damn near a clean sweep. to bada we cant do this to the feds  

PICKAWAY COUNTY SPORTSMEN, INC.
8100 US Highway 22 East
P. O. Box 48
Circleville, Ohio 43113
www.PCSIrange.com
Hello PCSI Members,

Here are the results of the October, 28th Special Election and the November, 18th 2021 General Election and the New 2022 PCSI Board of Directors.

President- Todd Brooks (New)
Vice-President- Gordon Riddle
Secretary- Open Seat
Treasurer- Shirley Lear (New)
Executive Officer- Ron Duncan (New)
Director #1 Bill Brubach (New)
Director #2 Pete Stryjewski (New)
Director #3 Alan Lamb
Director #4 Rick Lear (New)
Director #5 Doug Burke (New)
Director #6 Mike Lyons (New)

We had a really good turnout and we wanted to thank everyone for coming out and voting.

Mike Lyons
Communication Committee


P.S. More emails to come about Renewals, Cashing Checks, New ID's and the New Gate Combination..




Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Ohio
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.