Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 4:34:59 AM EDT
One that shows all the county hwys? the one I got doesn't show them. Should wally world have them? I got to go there anyway right after work.....I hate shitty maps!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:25:43 AM EDT
[#1]
photoman,as far as maps I found one Borders awhile back,it was a bike trail map if I remember correctly.You should always have a WI atlas and Gazateer by Delorme.Basically it's the State in Topos with the backroads pretty well marked.It's $20 bucks but I get mine at the 1/2 price bookstore.It's amazing how a person can skirt around all the construction detours if you have a good map.

BulletcatchR

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
photoman,as far as maps I found one Borders awhile back,it was a bike trail map if I remember correctly.You should always have a WI atlas and Gazateer by Delorme.Basically it's the State in Topos with the backroads pretty well marked.It's $20 bucks but I get mine at the 1/2 price bookstore.It's amazing how a person can skirt around all the construction detours if you have a good map.

BulletcatchR

One of my co-workers just told me to get one of those too. None of the maps I have are worth a crap. I hate not having backroads and county highways listed, partially for just the reason you said, avoiding road construction. I supose I could go pick my GPS up(finally came in off backorder), but it still doesn't replace the maps. Maybe I'll pick up the GPS today and some maps at the same time. No need letting the thing sit at the store for a couple more days.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

BulletcatchR

+1 on the WI Gazateer.  Best map I've found.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]
have you tried mapquest?  i have an atlas (whatever it's called) that is pretty good.  topo maps are the next best thing.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The Gaziteer (possible spelling error)  All of the new ones have lat/long marks in the margin so you can program sopts into your gps.  you should be able to find them at WalMart etc.  The library will have plat maps of specific townships which will list every road and show property lines, owners names and public lands.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:11:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got one of these from gander mountain in brookfild

Also, check out the DNR page

dnr.wi.gov/maps/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top