Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/17/2005 3:37:05 AM EDT
I missed the funshow, anybody know where I can buy some MREs locally ( PDX ) and not get soaked? I remember last time they were about $35/case I'd like to be somewhere close to that price. I dont think surplus stores have them anymore and sportsmansguide has some crappy ones that arent worth the effort.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:21:26 AM EDT
I think i saw some at foxhole but they tend to be over priced.. that one real military surplus shop out in not estacata but on the town on the way there might have em... besides thouse places i can only think of cheaper then dirt and some of the other mail order/online order stuff...

i always liked MREs for light backpacking food... and they tend to taste better then the backpackers food.. one time i cooked up some backpacker scrambled eggs... they where so bad we threw them out.. and even then the animals wouldent eat it..

Jess
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:49:39 PM EDT
You must be talking about Sgt. Gators. I know they have MRE's but I don't remember the price. It is a neat store to visit anyways if you wanted to check it out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:25:29 AM EDT
The NO thing got me to thinking that I should have 3 or 4 cases stashed in the attic, I can rotate through them during hunting season.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:07:19 AM EDT
I'm in the market for a few cases also. Needing them for the end of season on a week long backpack hunt......any ideas?

I'm goin up to Salem this weekend (24th) so if anyone knows of some along the way please let me know!

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:27:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2005 3:29:33 PM EDT by ilike9s]
There is a MountHouse food group buy going on you might want to check it out. I'll see if I can find the link again.

ETA:

link
Top Top