Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 9:19:04 PM EDT
Looking to find some people to go shooting with at the range, If intrested drop me an email at [email protected]

Cliff
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:25:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you shoot handguns there?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#2]
You can not shoot handguns there.  You can shoot rifles and shotguns.  There are "restricted" rests that have cement tubes that you fire through and there is a hand thrown clay range.  Seems that there is a VERY limited cone of fire in the area!

That said, I am always up for a shoot when I am in town, Amelia is about 30 minutes from me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I spoke to the guy I work with today about the range and he gave me the full description. If you want to try to plan something for a weekend day, I am willing to come if I don't have anything else going on. There is another member on here from Pamplin that may want to come out as well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I drove over to the range one day to look around. The concrete culvert pipe that you shoot though is a little weird to say the least.

Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
What county is this range in?
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the concrete culvert is to muffle the blast, VA-gunnut if you send me your email I will send you or any other intrested persons pics of the place, Also Simian I agree with you in regards to limited cone of fire area. But I am not complaining I get to shoot there for free and legal. Anybody looking for a buddy to go shooting there drop an email or a call. Also forgot to add there is a lake over stocked with small mouth bass also, game and inland fisheries has a sign posted any size and no limit. This lake is right around the corner from the range.

Cliff Messer
804-937-5585 cell
[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:09:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Socom, if you send the pics to me I can host them and put them in this topic if you would like. My email is [email protected].
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top