Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 1:27:23 AM EDT
I was looking at one the other day and It re-sparked my intrest in them. I have never shot one but have always wanted one. It seems like a good gun VERY light weight and 20rnd mags! Whats not to like? In you opinion are they worth it? I found one for about $800 I think, maybe even $700. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I know Duke owns one. I own two, one for my father and one for me.  They are not the ultimate concealment gun a little large but very light.  I love the 20rd capacity.  Mine has functioned 100%  the only complaint I ever had was that speedy light little bullet would not push over the steel at some club level three gun events.   As for the round I like it and wouldn't hesitate to use it.  Don't ask this question in the handgun forum unless you want open I gigantic can of worms.  They either hate or love this gun.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:38:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah dude you can try mine anytime you want.  They'll let me shoot it indoors at Crossfire which is cool, so we can meet up there if you like.

I keep it in my car in a mini-safe as an anti-carjacking pistol.  My wife suggested it after I expressed concerns about perps in KC starting to wear soft body armor.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I know Duke owns one. I own two, one for my father and one for me.  They are not the ultimate concealment gun a little large but very light.  I love the 20rd capacity.  Mine has functioned 100%  the only complaint I ever had was that speedy light little bullet would not push over the steel at some club level three gun events.   As for the round I like it and wouldn't hesitate to use it.  Don't ask this question in the handgun forum unless you want open I gigantic can of worms.  They either hate or love this gun.

Well it wouldn't knock the steel over on one stage, but it sure worked well on the texas shooting star on the next, of course the excitement of clearing a shooting star in a speedy fashion tends to make you miss about 15 paper targets  I bet you thought I forgot about that one 69camaro

Polytech
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one and I think it would be fine for car carry or home protection but might be a bit large for CCW but light enough if you can keep it hid.  

I use mine for home protection and have used it for three gun at CMMG for the fun of it.  The 20 & 30 rnd mags were great and I was able to knock down the steel plates if I hit them on the top 1-2" of the target which required a few extra shots.  The 5.7 was great on the paper targets and for longer shots with the flat shooting round.

The gun would be nice for car carry since the high velocity round will go through windows and the body of a car better than most other handgun rounds.  Having 20-30 rounds available to get you to cover or safety or to the trunk for your long gun is another bonus.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell yah, Thanks for the offer Duke Where is that range anyway?

BTW is there ever going to be another shoot?(I never was able to make any of the last ones) I wonder if its possible to rent/reserve pigeon hill or another range other than parma woods, for a shoot of some sort. Hell maybe we could all plan a day to meet at pigeon hill...... just for some plinking. My self and KC Roughneck will be at PH sometime in the next few weeks anyway, testing out some new things. He will be shooting his new AR(2nd time shooting it) and I just put a Troy MFR-C 2pc FF system on my AR.

ETA- Thanks for the info guys! So you guys agree its a cool/fun pistol? How many rounds do you have down yours?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
They have always felt good in my hand.   However, I didnt shoot Duke's as well as I would have hoped, but I bet a bit of practice would fix that.  And the rumors that they barely kick at all are correct.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Pidgeon Hill isn't any closer to me than CMMG in Columbia.  I drove there once with Kerry and after the first hour and a half of driving I deliberately stopped keeping track of time.  Remember, I'm near Warrensburg.  Way to the southeast of KC.

Crossfire is the indoor range in Independence.  Surely DBAR has taken you there?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know about other shooting ranges around the area but Pigeon Hill at times can be like entering the Twilight Zone!

When we used to take the machine guns there we always made sure someone was on security watch (keeping an eye on the other shooters). Jerks would be pointing their guns every which direction.

IF everyone wants to get together for a SAFE shoot I might be able to arrange a shoot at a private range that is a heck of a lot nicer than Pigeon Hill. It's in an abandoned rock quarry, up to around 125 yards. It's four miles north of St. Joseph.

PursuitSS

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top