Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 11:58:21 AM EDT
I'm trying to find somebody that could duplicate the recesses seen here:

There would be six of those junctions, so 12 pieces needing 3-5 recesses on each one. Material is 1.50"-1.55" OD stainless steel, just not sure if it'll be 304/316/17-4 at this time. No problem if they're squared off instead of rounded if that helps at all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?

What about a lathe? Might not need the recesses if I can get a different design done.

How about a hydraulic press, maybe 6-ton/12-ton/20-ton?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#2]
My lathe guy does not have the capacity or want to take the risk... either way he said, "No."  Sorry.  Trying to shorten your YHM mount so it more closely matches the one we were promised?  That's the reason I am not buying a Saker.  Might get one of Mike Pappas' cans instead.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trying to shorten your YHM mount so it more closely matches the one we were promised?
View Quote

Nope. Hadn't even thought about that. I could, mainly because I only have the shorter 5.56/LT mounts.

I'm building a couple solvent traps and thought it would be neat if I could have a smooth-edged cap with those recesses so I could use the Saker wrenches on them instead of having a knurled endcap. I can do a spanner wrench cap on one end, but the end that would attach on a YHM QD device doesn't have the space for holes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top