Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 6:19:41 PM EDT
Mainly looking for someone who can shim or unitize my barrel band.  If he can figure out what the deal is with my super tight oprod, that'd be great too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
There's some dude who lurks at the Wilmington PRO shows, but I would NOT recommend him at all.  He brought a rifle to the show to bloviate about the quality of his work and I was far from impressed.  His prices were well above what Ted Brown, Warbird and even Clint McKee of Fulton Armory charged for work and I had NEVER heard of him before.  He claimed that he worked for LRB for a while, but something happened and LRB terminated the relationship and the dude has some serious problems with LRB because of that.  

That said, I don't mean to be so down, but its more of a heads up on who to avoid.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:42:54 AM EDT
[#2]
three ways I'd go about it
1.) buy or rent the AGI armorers course (technicalvideorental.com.....might have to search to get it right address I think they rent for $9.99 a piece if you can burn dvd's or know someone who can that's a plus)
2.) get the tear down guide (for me 9 out of 10 times I usually end skipping a step somewhere and they do help)
3.) If the old guy still works at OE in Tipp City I'd go there ( his hands are shaky but his work is great, call first)

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I've seen the ads for the armorers course in the Shotgun news.  Are these things explain stuff pretty well to someone who doesn't have much experience with the gun?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got the colt assembly guide and use to the ar15 armorers course from them. I have zero problem in a complete tear down/assembly of the the 1911 now after watching the videos a couple times with gun in hand. I will warn, some of the dvds are transfers from tape but you get the picture. Also the books by kuhnhausen are great.
I find before I even buy a gun now I'll rent from videorental place on the net to see how complex the firearm really is and what if any extra tools are needed for it, For example upper receiver vise, punch pin, barrel wrench, vise,and lower receiver block for an ar15 you're looking at about $150 on top of the gun if you want to build one or replace parts without running into some damage or dropping it off a local gunshop for a couple days while you pay them to do the work. I don't know about you but everytime I visit the gunsmith I end up spending atleast $100. So i figure it's best to spend $10-$40 to reasearch it than to get the gun($300-$1000) then run into variables I know nothing about and dropping some more money to get it fixed. After about five years of doing this my dad set me straight "you shouldn't buy a car without talking to a mechanic? So why in the hell would buy a gun then talk to a gunsmith?"
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Mainly looking for someone who can shim or unitize my barrel band.  If he can figure out what the deal is with my super tight oprod, that'd be great too.

Try contacting:   http://www.bbkingssales.com/

His name is Brian King.  He put together my m14 semi (Fulton Armory receiver).  He did an excellent job and I would recommend him highly.  He lives in Preble County.  I suggest you give him a try.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top