Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/21/2003 12:17:30 PM EDT
I'm posting this question here because the optics page seems a bit... underused.

Has anybody used one of these? What do you think? I can get one with a FAL mount for $130 right now but am unsure if it is even worth that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:25:21 PM EDT
Steve, the general consensus on the ATNs seems to be that they're not very good. Brownell's has OKOs for $150 dealer cost...I could order it for you if you don't have anything on file with them. I think this is a case where another 20 bucks gets you a much better deal.

What kind of mount does the ATN have? Do you have the scope mount receiver cover? If so, the OKO would bolt right on.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:11:15 AM EDT
Thanks, but it is too late. I got it for $125, but that includes a FAL top cover mount, so I guess it wasn't a bad deal. I just want a plinker for the AR. The mount will end up on one of the FALs eventually. It is a Leapers mount which is a lot more trim and light weight then the DSA or Tapco mounts. I may put it on my LW FAL with a compact ACOG eventually. Well, once my bank account recovers from the last round of builds.
Top Top