Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 10:55:40 AM EDT
Ladybugs in the house?  At my house there's an infestation of ladybugs.  It happens every year around this time but it's MUCH worse this year for some reason.  Does anybody know a way to get rid of these little pests besides vacuum them up?  Some pest control companies won't handle it because it's a protected species.  Others say they'll spray for "spiders" and if the ladybugs accidentally wander through it then so be it.  There's got to be a way to keep them out and kill the ones that are in the house.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  MJD.  

P.S.  The EPA outlawed diazinon and durzban which used to work TOO well.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#1]
We get that problem every year too.  One year at our camp we had at least 1000.  I have conidered trying to sell them because I heard they are worth some money.  I think they are sold as a natural insectiside because they eat aphids.

Don't know what to do about keeping them from coming back though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
let em be, they are a beneficial insect, and so are spiders
i get them in my garage and a few in the house too. jsut sweep em up and toss them back out
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
let em be, they are a beneficial insect, and so are spiders
i get them in my garage and a few in the house too. jsut sweep em up and toss them back out

A couple of dozen I agree.  A couple hundred per window crawling around year after year and you might have a different  opinion.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top