Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:38:58 AM EDT
I read that is passed the 1st step by a landslide and now it is being finalized. I think this is a great idea. Piss on the companies who have policies saying us law abiding citizens can't have a gun locked in our vehicles while on company property. I didn't ever think they had the right, but I'm glad some people are waking up that if someone wants shoot a place up they are still going to. Most people like to go hunting after work or target practice ect. If anyone has a link to this please share it. I the Koch (R) Bedford designed this if I'm not mistaken. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:59:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:49:00 PM EDT
I wonder exactly what effect that could have at my place of employment. They currently have a "zero tolerance" for firearms (weapons)on their property, business trips etc.... No excuses, reasons or understanding, bring a firearm (read weapon, including a bow, arrows etc...) to work in your vehicle and park on company property and you are terminated....period.

They use the Indiana code on "weapons" to define their limitations such as length of a knife blade.

I did read the Bill, but you know that larger companies usually find a loophole, and our Corperate office is in Chicago, so look at theirs laws and policies.

Hopeful but realistic,
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:45:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By M4Madness:
Is this it:

www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2006/IN/IN1028.1.html

Here's an article about the one in Florida:

www.workforce.com/section/03/feature/24/25/92/

Thanks M4 this is the one. My understnading is it passed the 1st step by like 82-18 and I think Monday is a 2nd reading on it. Just trying to get more info so I can urge local's to flood out reps. offices urging support of this bill.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:00:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By L0CK_N_L0AD:
I wonder exactly what effect that could have at my place of employment. They currently have a "zero tolerance" for firearms (weapons)on their property, business trips etc.... No excuses, reasons or understanding, bring a firearm (read weapon, including a bow, arrows etc...) to work in your vehicle and park on company property and you are terminated....period.

They use the Indiana code on "weapons" to define their limitations such as length of a knife blade.

I did read the Bill, but you know that larger companies usually find a loophole, and our Corperate office is in Chicago, so look at theirs laws and policies.

Hopeful but realistic,

I don't mean to sound holier than thou, but I would quit working for the pricks and let them know why, and contact the NRA. May I ask whom you work for?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:24:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 6:27:18 AM EDT by L0CK_N_L0AD]
abnk,

No worries, but easier said then done. I wont get into salaries but these jobs are non exsistent now.

I work for International Truck and Engine Corp. in Indianapolis. Formerly Navistar, and formerly International Harverster. We make the Powerstroke Diesel Engine for the Ford F Series & Econoline Vans. They also go in our International trucks...UPS, Ryder, Pepsi etc... we have a Marine application too.

Realize that plenty of folks work for the Big3, Allisons etc..... but I have 12 yrs. towards a pension, great health benefits, a matching 401k, O.T. all of the time, 5 weeks paid vacation, personal days. Granted we lose a little every contract but ....its still better than flippin burgers, for now.

I was also hired in under the old plans, now adays there are two tiered wages, less vacation, personal days, lower pension if any etc....

I cannot find another job with the pay and benefits that I receive now. You gotta do what ya gotta do for your family. I gave up a lot of rights when I was in the military too.

Look at Ford & GM laying off 50k+ by 2008. All of our engines go to the KY truck plant and they make 30% of Fords overall profits, thats from Ford people too. A real statistic.

Prior to working here I worked in a couple of different machine shops and we used to have our handguns in our tool boxes, in the shops. One place the owner used to buy from me when I part timed at Bradis.

How the tmes change,

Sorrry about the long answer.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:54:30 PM EDT
my job has the same policy as lock_n_load's, the corp. guy's or as i like to call them professional golfers would probally shit themselves if they knew i built several ak's on lunch breaks and do a little gunsmithing here. i also c.c. when the production crews go home and i lock the place up. needless to say i'm not directly supervised. but if i have any gun parts here there locked in my toolbox unless in my hand and never bring ammo for anything but my c.c. pistol. i might be pushing it on the lunch projects, but this corp. and the police for that matter can't guarentee my safty 24/7. there's millions in material and equipment here and part of my job is to secure and lock the plant after 2nd shift, alone. 99% of production workers are from south of the border, most are illegal alliens and or in gangs and such, and make it clear they don't like ''gringo's'' i'd rether take the chance of getting fired than stabed or killed. but my situation is unique here and i intend to shop around for a better job soon.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:33:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 4:35:41 PM EDT by txgho1911]
Noted by another concerned Indpls resident.

HB 1028

I was at the state house today. I got to meet and talk to Sen. Nugent, He said Sen Garton who is the President of the senate, Is not going to assign the bill to it's proper committee. Sen. Garton is going to souly prevent this bill from passing unless we call his office. Sen. Nugent told me the bill would easily pass the Senate if given a chance. Sen. Garton assigned the bill to the rules committee were it will die unless we, the people of Indiana, tell him to let this bill be heard. The House has spoken and passed this bill 82-18. Now Sen. Garton is speaking for all of us by not allowing this bill to be heard. 30 out of the 48 Democrats voted for it and all 52 Republicans voted for it in the House. PLEASE CALL SENATOR GARTON OFFICE.

I also told Sen Nugent how everyone appreciates what he is doing for us. He greatly appreciated it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Top Top