Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 5:19:51 AM EDT
Title says it all. What do you think, will there be a strike?

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#1]
There already is a strike, or at least a slowdown.

A**hole conductor on the 1 train last night - at 6:30 pm waited TWENTY minutes for a train downtown at W 63rd Street.  Train finally comes, and I realize that what's delaying the train is that the conductor is leaving the doors open for about sixty full seconds in each station.

I got off the train at W23rd and walked up a half car to the conductor and flipped him off.

I hope these useless POSs strike and get fined for everything they are worth.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:52:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Bring it on....I could use the overtime!

I hate you!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I was told transit was offered 5%-5%-2% over 27 months. They turned it down. I am also told that transit will not offer anything more. They are going to stand at there offer.  Not sure about anything else.
If there are anytransit workers here good luck. Taylor Law sucks, have to payback 2 days for every day out on strike, $25,000 fine for each member and a million a day for the union fine.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Taylor Law sucks, have to payback 2 days for every day out on strike, $25,000 fine for each member and a million a day for the union fine.

Perhaps but I wouldn't be surprised if some amnesty isn't built into a settlement should it occurr after a strike.  Union leadership might get dinged but the rank and file will probably get off.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
amnesty, is a possiblity. I know when NYSDOCS went on strike in the early 80's, they had to payback the time but not the $25,000 fine. The union did have to pay the million a day though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:12:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:46:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
any updates as of 0700 hours 12/16/05?

I made it downtown. Very light commute. Trains were empty.

I just hope they don't strike in the middle of the day and leave everyone stranded in the city.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:37:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
any updates as of 0700 hours 12/16/05?

I made it downtown. Very light commute. Trains were empty.

I just hope they don't strike in the middle of the day and leave everyone stranded in the city.

Got off easy.. Lots of NJ commuters slacked off this AM because of the "ice storm".   Monday will be the real test.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope he does strike and throw the city into chaos.....
Screw the Taylor Law and a partial slow down does nothing.  
The MTA needs a kick in the ass.
People might get pissed at the Union, but they take it out on the Mayor on election day.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I hope he does strike and throw the city into chaos.....
Screw the Taylor Law and a partial slow down does nothing.  
The MTA needs a kick in the ass.
People might get pissed at the Union, but they take it out on the Mayor on election day.

Election day is a looong way off though.  MTA actually had a surplus this year, but I don't know where they'll get the money for what the people are demanding.  Most years they run at a deficit and are shored up by surplus money from the dept of bridges and tunnels, which runs at a good profit most of the time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:40:32 AM EDT
[#14]
They said they used up the money they had in surplus.

Now I agree that increase the age from 50 or 55 up to 61 or 65 I forget which it is. That is something everybody in the city has got to put up with..Only problem you want someone in their 60's driving a big old bus around......If they push it up that means to get full benefits or make their retirement more, they could work 3-5 more yrs at a 5-10% increase in their pension.

Having to contribute to their medical plan...WTF everyone has to do it....

This does not even affect people hired already...Only new employees...YEA I know they have to make sure the ones not hired don't get F(*ked...In reality they are screwing themselves....

In almost every other city service there is a Two Tier System. I mean I came in at a Tier4 level and not a Tier 1. This would have got me BOKO money and benefits. It sucks but they had better accept it.

So why do I agree with the Union then. Because the things that they should be fighting for like disciplinary action, better working conditions, better pay for those already in and I don't mean a 3% B. The MTA can afford to pay them at least a 21% over 3 or 4 yrs increase. No cuts in their medical benefits. Also no givebacks or what the city calls a productivity incentive...That is BS.

This is what they should fight for...New hires are going to have to deal with it. Like PD-FDNY-Sanitation did.

People say Unions are killing the economy and making business shut down. If their were not Unions then it would be like working in a third world country in sweat shops.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#15]
hey transit union goons. striking isn't going to get the people on your side
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#16]
If the union strikes does this mean I won't have to pay the 4,227 MTA related taxes that are tacked on my phone and other utility bills so NYC residents can ride the subway and buses for half of what the fare should be? If so bring it on!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:34:03 AM EDT
[#17]

While this is true. There was a time when people wold be on there side. Small guy vs. the big corp.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1!

Ha! You gotta get to the city first to earn it!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

While this is true. There was a time when people wold be on there side. Small guy vs. the big corp.  

maybe if the strike didn't directly impact them like a transit strike will
same thing with the canadian border people and their slowdowns on the bridges across the Niagara river. all it does is piss people off. Especially when most of these gov't employees already have good pay and benefits
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1!

I can drive too you know!

Screw the transit strike. What are doing about your PBA president who wants to ban hollow-point bullets in NYS. The dumb fuck won't be a cop forever you know. Oh yeah the PBA supporting Spitzer for Governor won't get the NYPD any brownie points.  Spitzer will fuck you over after the election when he has no use for you anymore.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1!

I can drive too you know!

If the Holland Tunnel last night was any indication, it'd be faster to walk.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#24]
HiramRanger's EDP Protection Service At Work

Spitzer is out of his mind thinking if he takes hollow points away it is going to make a difference.

Take the dam criminal away when you have him in custody. Instead of letting these A-Hole judges letting them go.

You shoot at a cop you are going away for 50yrs no question asked.

You try to run over a cop you are going away for 40 yrs no question asked

You attack a cop with your hands a knife, bat, bottle, chair your going away for 25 yrs no questions asked

You spit or call a cop a nasty name you are going away for 30days.

You KILL a cop...YOUR DEAD on the spot or in the Jail before your trial....NO QUESTIONS ASKED. HiramRanger's EDP Protection Service At Work

Yes, MY name is EDPMEDIC and I want to be your GOVERNOR...

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#25]
You got my vote bud!

Quoted:HiramRanger's EDP Protection Service At Work

Spitzer is out of his mind thinking if he takes hollow points away it is going to make a difference.

Take the dam criminal away when you have him in custody. Instead of letting these A-Hole judges letting them go.

You shoot at a cop you are going away for 50yrs no question asked.

You try to run over a cop you are going away for 40 yrs no question asked

You attack a cop with your hands a knife, bat, bottle, chair your going away for 25 yrs no questions asked

You KILL a cop...YOUR DEAD on the spot or in the Jail before your trial....NO QUESTIONS ASKED. HiramRanger's EDP Protection Service At Work

Yes, MY name is EDPMEDIC and I want to be your GOVERNOR...

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:19:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:53:55 AM EDT
[#28]
They're on strike!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:15:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Strike is on!.....This should be an interesting day
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:02:24 AM EDT
[#30]
wow.  isn't the strike illegal?  In teh 50's wouldn't all tehse people be arrested?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:10:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Working from home today.

Screw the MTA.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:25:06 AM EDT
[#32]
you HAVE to check the webcams of midtown traffic - its INSANE!!!!  good luck WAVE!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:27:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:39:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Enjoy your OT gun Wave!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:06:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Looks like it is on.

I wonder if they didn't stop people at the check point's if the gridlock would be that bad.

You should see the back up's on the Sky Cam..

Enjoy your OT.....Wave...Guess you could take LIRR and get to Pen Station
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#36]
The International Transit Worker Union does not support them but the PBA president does. So I guess the question asked About

Screw the transit strike. What are doing about your PBA president who wants to ban hollow-point bullets in NYS. The dumb fuck won't be a cop forever you know. Oh yeah the PBA supporting Spitzer for Governor won't get the NYPD any brownie points. Spitzer will fuck you over after the election when he has no use for you anymore. [

Which started me running for Gov has been answered. PBA supports Transit

So Ummmmm...Yea back to the strike...LOL>>>
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:02:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Well we know they will not go against the Taylor Law. Maybe a Blue Flu or slow down on tickets like the last time.
You know a guy on the picket line said it best. He is doing it for all the Union's. He said the FDNY worked with out a contract has the Towers fell on them. That NYPD worked with out a contract has members were shot. He is right that we are all taken advantage of. Due to the Taylor Law we have no way of getting what we need.
Three Percent is a slap in the face to us. Thats along with the increase in Medical and Pension give backs we went through. FDNY/EMS lost money and we never thought of doing a strike. The MTA is doing the right thing. I hope they get what they want and get back to work. I do not think they will and in the end members are going to lose 2 days pay for every day out.

Wave stay safe  out there I hear one LEO was hit by a truck yesterday and sustained a broken leg.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:55:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Most Public employees don't have a clue.  I have no sympathy for them.

They have been paid quite a bit more than the private sector for years and even now they expect to be compensated substantially better than private sector employees doing the same type job.

The auto industry is finally pressuring the unions to be realistic  Same senario, pay is much higher than other manufacturers.

Very few in the private sector get full medical insurance coverage or full retirement bennies, or ANY retirement at all..  

Typical government waste.  Spend it all or the budget will be cut next year.  You don't need to show a profit so why should government run efficiently.  No shareholders or owners to report to.  

Amherst NY common council just approved wage hikes for the Town.  The New Supervisor elect was ridiculed for voicing his opinion against these raises.

Run out of money, oh well, we'll just raise the taxes.  Government feels no need to be competitive and control costs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Screw the transit strike. What are doing about your PBA president who wants to ban hollow-point bullets in NYS. The dumb fuck won't be a cop forever you know. Oh yeah the PBA supporting Spitzer for Governor won't get the NYPD any brownie points.  Spitzer will fuck you over after the election when he has no use for you anymore.  

No kidding...

So now that the Democrats have cock blocked the Republicans death penalty bill for killing a PO what other Democrats is PBA President Patrick Lynch going to support. WTF is his malfunction?

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#41]
"Senator Schumer stood with Pat Lynch, President of the Patrolman’s Benevolent Association"

Now Lynch is supporting Chuckie? Good god, what's next Hildebeast?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=420749

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Check the constitution and get back to me on that.

Check it again.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Check What.

The crime of Aggravated Assault a Police Officer or
Peace Officer as defined in section 120.11 of the Penal Law is punisha-
ble by a determinate sentence of between 5 and 25 years. Attempted
Aggravated Assault a Police Officer or Peace Officer is punishable by a
determinate sentence of between 3 1/2 and 15 years. Assault on Police
Officer or Peace Officer as defined by section 120.08 of the Penal Law
is punishable by a determinate sentence of between 3 1/2 and 15 years.
Menacing of a Police Officer or Peace Officer is punishable only as a
class A misdemeanor, with a sentence of no more than one year in jail.
Attempted Assault on Police Officer or Peace Officer and Assault in the
Second Degree against a Police Officer or Peace Officer as defined in
section 120.05
3 of the Penal Law are punishable by a determinate
sentence of between 2 and 7 years. Criminal possession armor piercing
ammunition is punishable only as a class A misdemeanor, with a sentence
of no more than one year in jail. Attempted Assault in the Second Degree
against a Police Officer or Peace Officer is punishable by a determinate
sentence of between 1 1/2 and 4 years.
Did you know that spitting on a Police officer could be though of has attempted assault and a Class A misdemeanor. Did you know spitting on a cop and you have AIDS  could be assault with a deadly weapon.

Check the Constitution for what...Like Bush said it's only a piece of paper…( I bet that will piss some one off)....If I was GOV I would take every Criminal and hang them or allow the person they attacked to take revenge on them in a manner inflicted on them.
An eye for an eye if YOUR FOUND GUILTY.......

If they pass a law saying that is how it is going to be then that is how it is going to be....The main thing is IF THEY PASS THE LAW.

Part of the problem is not what the Union wants but the Cost of living and medical expense for all of us. Look how the price of Meds and Medical care has increased. How could you really expect any corp. Private or city to keep up with it.

I do not know about you but my Pension does not change but they are taking another 40/mont out of my check and my SSID Medicare went up $80.00 but I see no COL in it. Therefore, people that still are working who get a 3% increase or 9% over 3 yrs are supposed to be happy.

I wonder how many in the private sector only see a 3% increase. How many in the city sector see bonus at the end of the year from their boss? You think these people are asking to become rich. You know how many OT hrs they work to make 60-70,000 per year.
What you are all pissed about is people stood up for their rights and screwed all those who had to walk.

The biggest problem was they went on strike and did not get anything they want. They punked out and might not get a proper contract. They should go out again and stay out for what they believe in. Let them get fired like the Air Traffic Controllers. I want to see the National Guard come in and run the system. I want to see what happens if the MTA fires all of them.....I wonder if the MTA would try to screw all of them if they really all walked out and said Screw it.

NOW I don't understand what this means

But let me set the record straight.
Hiram sent me a IM stating I went over the COC of the site. That he was worried about my mental status. He thought my posts were getting more violent and could get the Avilas into trouble. Let alone the site. He asked me to tone it down and I agree. I have apologized for posting what are thought to be Violent and threatening posts. In this post or any others prior to the IM. Let it be known I would do nothing to jeopardize AR15.com or the Avilas. Most of the stuff I say is in jest and maybe coarse. After looking at some posts about sex and religion here I need to wonder if my political jesting is any different. In either case

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Check What.

The crime of Aggravated Assault a Police Officer or
Peace Officer as defined in section 120.11 of the Penal Law is punisha-
ble by a determinate sentence of between 5 and 25 years. Attempted
Aggravated Assault a Police Officer or Peace Officer is punishable by a
determinate sentence of between 3 1/2 and 15 years. Assault on Police
Officer or Peace Officer as defined by section 120.08 of the Penal Law
is punishable by a determinate sentence of between 3 1/2 and 15 years.
Menacing of a Police Officer or Peace Officer is punishable only as a
class A misdemeanor, with a sentence of no more than one year in jail.
Attempted Assault on Police Officer or Peace Officer and Assault in the
Second Degree against a Police Officer or Peace Officer as defined in
section 120.05
3 of the Penal Law are punishable by a determinate
sentence of between 2 and 7 years. Criminal possession armor piercing
ammunition is punishable only as a class A misdemeanor, with a sentence
of no more than one year in jail. Attempted Assault in the Second Degree
against a Police Officer or Peace Officer is punishable by a determinate
sentence of between 1 1/2 and 4 years.
Did you know that spitting on a Police officer could be though of has attempted assault and a Class A misdemeanor. Did you know spitting on a cop and you have AIDS  could be assault with a deadly weapon.

Check the Constitution for what...Like Bush said it's only a piece of paper…( I bet that will piss some one off)....If I was GOV I would take every Criminal and hang them or allow the person they attacked to take revenge on them in a manner inflicted on them.

First check, I'm talking about that whole first amendment thing and calling him a nasty name.  

Second check, you were advocating summary executions of people for killing a cop, without having them found guilty in a court of law.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:41:41 AM EDT
[#45]

Most of what  I say is off the wall and I know it. But if there were laws like that do you think it might change things. I know it is like Taliban BS but they did a good job on the Poppy Seed trade in Afganland.

Think about this you have your hands cut off for stealing or Beheaded for killing....Thats if you are found guilty...I bet things would calm down real fast in the USA.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top