Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2007 11:41:34 AM EDT
I'm going tomorrow.  Did you guys see much for AR parts?
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I was there. I was a little disappointed at the dearth of AKs, but there were plenty of AR uppers, parts, and full guns.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Were there any ammo vendors?
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
There were several tables full of ammo and more than a few well priced cases. 7.62x39, 1000 rounds for $170.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Good looking AK!   I thought it was a pretty good show.   I saw a good deal on a DPMS .308, I'm going to get it this week as long as a couple deals work out for me.  I picked up some more of the parts I needed to complete my  first AR build.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought the show sucked donkey balls.

Ammo was outrageously priced.  You could tell some of these jokers were buying from the same on line vendors we buy from and simply carrying it into the show for a 20% markup.  

I saw $1489 S&W MP15T....c'mon....Randy's had one for $1289, better, not great.

I saw a Michigan illegal Uzi at an "estate sale" table...

I saw a bunch of mis-matched Garands for $900.  I did find one for $600, but it was a "smoothbore."  

I saw one asshole who had NO PRICES on ANYTHING at his table.  Mostly Rugers...  

I did find a Norinco 1911 for an asking price of $375, and could have got him down lower.  But I passed.  

I saw an SP1 with 60% finish for $1200.  

I saw a guy who wanted 4 times fair market value for every damned wnchester he had.  

I saw two beef jerky vendors, a fur vendor, a wonder cloth micro fiber dude, and a big airsoft table.  

You guys who think it was a "good show" have OBVIOUSLY never been to a gunshow in Texas, Arizona, or Nevada.  

To hell with Birch Run and the rest of them.  They've gotten the last $8 they're ever gonna get from me.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:00:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You guys who think it was a "good show" have OBVIOUSLY never been to a gunshow in Texas, Arizona, or Nevada.  

You can add Indianapolis and Louisville to that short list of cities who have better guns shows than Michigan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top