Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/4/2003 11:11:42 AM EDT
Is it worth the time to go Sunday?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I went this morning, show was ok.  Bad part was it was only in two of the buildings, we were packed in like sardines, so I got what I needed and left.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Seemed like fewer tables in addition to the very tight aisles. Depending on where you live, Medina is in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm up in Lyndhurst, so Medina is not terribly convenient.  I'd make the drive if it was worth it, though.

Is Medina better than Berea?  I would think that they should be about the same.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't waste your time Scott.  People were packed like cattle prices were high and Medina will be better if nothing else because the the ability to move and view the tables.  All in all I accomplished half of what I set out to do.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope that they (the promoter and county) don't kill that Berea show with stupid stuff.

Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#6]
They won't, its just I think that the buildings they normally use were being used for winter storage, hence, less space for the show.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Berea was pretty poor this past weekend.  I got there pretty early on Saturday (around 9:05) and within I'd say 10-15 minutes, one of the buildings was already overcrowded.  They really have to start cutting out the jerky and trinket vendors and limiting the number of tables if they have limited venue space.  It's a freakin' gunshow....

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Medina is always better.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I guess I didn't miss anything.

I stayed home today and did laundry.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Medina is, for now on, the only Ohio show I'll be attending. The last Niles, OH show (Dec 21-22) was a bunch of fuks selling superglue, turkey jerky, bumper stickers, rubberband guns,...

..OK, I'll go to the St. Clairsville show, since it is 2 miles from my home...
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, I got a great deal on Orlites at the St.C show.  Wide Isles, no lines, no complaints here. The only thing about it was that the dealers didn't realize that folks in Belmont co. are looking for deals.  I think a bit more on the AK and C&R side would be better sellers than the high end expensive I'm affraid to take it in the woods stuff.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#12]
The Berea show absolutely sucked.
Some of the people brushing up against me... well, I'd rather not think about it.

As I understand it, those were the only two heated bldgs.
Still, that show is always way too crowded for me.
I've gotten a few good deals there in the past, but after the last show I won't be hurrying back.

Ha, I saw the superglue table at Niles. :)
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top