Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 9:09:21 PM EDT
looking for a CCW class right off any suggestions?

thanks
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#1]
What part of the state are you in?  Depending on your town, you may not need a CCW class for a permit if you can convince them you have sufficient experience/training already.  If you were in the military or had a CCW from another state you should be all set.  I applied in my town and it went through the Board of Selectmen or something similar.

www.packing.org/state/maine/
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:50:11 AM EDT
[#2]
beagle is right...i live in northern aroostook and i got mine with no problem because im prior military.....just went to the police chief and applied...paid the cost (45 bucks)and 4 weeks later i had it......had to wait for a background check.....once you get it dont let it expire laws change all the time
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]
if you are around augusta capitol city has the classes all the time and they are affordable around 40.00 to do the handgun safty class with a nra instructor when I did it was in a hurry and didnt scope it out and cost me 75.00 but was the best dollars spent in quite some time turnaround to get the permit was 2 weeks then i moved to another city and that took 4 weeks to get my permei back and that sucked
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]
where abouts in augusta? i live 5 miles from agusta in GArdiner but i dont know where to go in Augusta?

thnaks guys and let me know more imformation
i have 6 guys now that want to take a course and need one asap

thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The Sun journal says it in the guns section.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top