Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2008 4:01:58 PM EDT
Well, it's actually FLEET FARM, but that's what we used to call it ten years ago when i was a young single guy....

Anyways, I'm wondering if it's worth the trip, as the nearest one to me is about 45 miles.

I can't wait for the one on lexington and 35W to open! YEAH!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You drove 45 miles to pick up chicks... at fleet farm?

(thank God for the internet.)
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, but gas cost less ten years ago!  

Seriously, I went all the way to Sweden to visit a girl I met on the internet.  It didn't work out, but was a fun vacation.  That was in 2003.  I paid $5 a gallon in both Sweden and Norway...and I saw a Chevy suburban cruising those fine roads, if you can believe it!

I figure if people say the M44's are decent, I will go.

Or I will go and report back.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn was there today to pick up some lawn stuff... Didn't get a chance to look at the gun counter was in a rush and there was alot of people hanging around the counter....

If I make another trip there this week I will report back
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't seen any mil-surplus at my local Fleet Farm(Oakdale) for awhile, granted I don't go there every week, usually every other week. They used to carry AKs(wasr), Enfields, Yugo Mausers and various Mosin's. I went down to the Fleet Farm(the one on 35 on the way to Cabela's, which ever store that is), they had a few M44's for $150. They were in pretty nice shape, but for the same price Grander Mt carries them for. So the ones I have seen weren't too good of deal.

Still kicking myself for not picking up a Yugo Mauser and Enfield, they were only $99...

Don
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:31:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you have your C&R, get them through Ohio Rapid Fire or R Guns

That way you can save some money for ammo

+1.  You can usually get an M44 through places like AIM for ~90 shipped, depending on how many connexes came though port this week.  A short application and a small check, and you just saved money by ordering 'direct' with your C&R.  

I miss the $100 M48s, too.  I only picked up a half-dozen of them.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I do have my C&R, but the laminated M44's are $99 at SOG (just got their new flyer today).  So...$99 plus $20 shipping and insurance is $119, right?

If I go to FF, they are $107.00 after tax, and hopefully I can hand pick to make it worth my gas!  

Does that seem logical to you guys?  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Aim is running them for 79.95 + shipping. I ran it thru the cart and it came up about 11.50 shipping for a total of $91.41. You don't get to pick it out though. Aim surplus
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, not trying to be stubborn here...but the key difference here is Fleet Farm has the LAMINATED stock M44's...that's what I'm looking for exactly (I don't care for the 91/30's).

I appreciate all the links and the time you guys put into them for my benefit, but it seems that those are all standard stock variants?

I'm going to try to go to FF and check them out anyways...they may not come with the acc. kits.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Decided to save gas and call around...both Oakdale and Brooklyn center DID NOT receive ANY M44's from Century.

They siad shipments from Century have been "spotty" and they are looking for new distributors to buy from.

The BC store hopes to carry  Alot more Mil surps like "they used to".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top