Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 3/15/2011 6:49:05 AM EST
I've always wanted an Uzi. Don't ask me why. I see parts kits around for $150-$300, and Nodak has started making receivers for $100 for ones that need work and $200 for ones that are ready to go. Evidently, Nodak is shipping instructions on that stupid "parts count" law too.

Of course it would have to be SBR, I cant stand that abomination of a 16 inch barrel on them

Anybody done it yet? Any issues? What else would be needed? Would it be cheaper in the long run to buy a complete semi one at $675 or so?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:07:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By Chucks1911:
I've always wanted an Uzi. Don't ask me why. I see parts kits around for $150-$300, and Nodak has started making receivers for $100 for ones that need work and $200 for ones that are ready to go. Evidently, Nodak is shipping instructions on that stupid "parts count" law too.

Of course it would have to be SBR, I cant stand that abomination of a 16 inch barrel on them

Anybody done it yet? Any issues? What else would be needed? Would it be cheaper in the long run to buy a complete semi one at $675 or so?

I'm thinking it might be cheaper in the long run buying a completed one.

I hadn't assembled one, but I think you got to do some welding, fitting and some other SA bits if you don't want to stamp it for FA too.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:35:10 AM EST
Build the pistol. Then if you have to have a stock SBR it. Save money over compliance parts.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:45:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By Ndenway:

I hadn't assembled one, but I think you got to do some welding, fitting and some other SA bits if you don't want to stamp it for FA too.

Stamp it for FA? You got a time machine? Lol

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:00:47 AM EST
he might have a delorean, who knows
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:34:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By Cole2534:

I figured chuck's got all kinds of cool stuff laying around in his yard he'd have a time machine to take him back to the pre 86' days, and while he was there he could pick Dan up a bigfoot, heard they was so many back then that every little stand of trees had a few.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:40:07 PM EST
Originally Posted By SuzookKING:
he might have a delorean, who knows

as a matter of fact I do have one in the shed, but I don't imagine it's mint anymore, been sitting in a 5 gallon bucket full of all manner of hotwheels and starwars action figures for the last thirty years or so.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:45:40 PM EST
Chuck, there is a few things that have to be done different but I can't remember what. I do have a FA one that I will bring out and let you shoot if you want.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:47:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By Cole2534:

I figured chuck's got all kinds of cool stuff laying around in his yard he'd have a time machine to take him back to the pre 86' days, and while he was there he could pick Dan up a bigfoot, heard they was so many back then that every little stand of trees had a few.

Bahahahahahahahahah

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:08:44 AM EST
IMHO an Uzi is an outstanding full-auto weapon, but as a semi-auto it leaves much to be desired (even as an SBR). It is way too heavy for a semi (though the weight does make it very controlable in fulll). One good feature is that mags are cheap and plentiful. I just think you would be better served by a 9mm AR if you really want a pistol caliber semi-auto carbine. Again, just my humble opinion, YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:37:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By CAR-AR-M16:
IMHO an Uzi is an outstanding full-auto weapon, but as a semi-auto it leaves much to be desired (even as an SBR). It is way too heavy for a semi (though the weight does make it very controlable in fulll). One good feature is that mags are cheap and plentiful. I just think you would be better served by a 9mm AR if you really want a pistol caliber semi-auto carbine. Again, just my humble opinion, YMMV.

No Bruddah, it's not about wanting a "pistol caliber carbine". It's about wanting an Uzi Then again I want a BAR too and a Thompson

What do full auto ones go for? Are they easy to come by?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:48:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 8:54:39 AM EST by CAR-AR-M16]
Originally Posted By CAR-AR-M16:

No Bruddah, it's not about wanting a "pistol caliber carbine". It's about wanting an Uzi Then again I want a BAR too and a Thompson

What do full auto ones go for? Are they easy to come by?

I totally understand wanting one just because you want one. I just thought you were wanting a pistol caliber carbine and you thought an Uzi build would be an inexpensive way to do it.

Anway, a FA Uzi is far cheaper than a BAR or Thompson. Should be able to get into one around $7K . Here is one for sale at UziTalk: http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58887 and another at Subguns: http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=18516&query=retrieval

Top Top