Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 5:38:27 PM EDT
Hey, I was talking to a local shooting guru and he recommended Bill Rogers shooting school in Ellijay. Said it is a great school for beginners or experienced shooters. I have never received any "formal" handgun instruction but I have worked through some drills with a Secret Service firearms instructor friend of mine, so I guess that counts for a lot. Just looking to expand my training some. I am wondering whether I should enroll in the beginner class for 1100 that includes lodging and ammo along with providing a gun, or take the intermediate course where I provide ammo and a gun. I will be shooting one of my Glock 19s, will probably take both. Would love to shoot the course with my 1911 Springfield, but the cost of .45 ammo is so much higher than 9mm. What do you guys think?Anybody ever been?
Eng208
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:03:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I have taken the course and have shot there many times.

Good course probably the best pure shooting (not tactics) school in the country

unless you are an experienced shooter take the basic course first.
the target system is moving plates that come up from behind cover and stay up for a very short time.

good fun for sure

if you want to come up to my range and shoot with me I will be able to tell you if you are ready for the advanced class.

if you can hit an 8" plate from the holster in 1.5 seconds at 7 yards every time yo are probably good enough
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWUcDHI_b34

Here is a link to one of the tests at Rogers by instructor WERNER.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:55:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWUcDHI_b34

Here is a link to one of the tests at Rogers by instructor WERNER.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:03:27 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 for mikes class.  
I plan on going in the fall of 08 so hopefully another year of mikes classes and his IDPA matches will allow me to skip the basic and go for the intermediate.

The best think about Mike is he teaches you things that you don't know you don't know
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been to the Rogers School.  Good school but a very narrow focus, no tactics at all and they encourage you to shoot VERY quickly, which can be both good and bad.  Their customer base is military.  You might want to take a comprehensive Level 1 class from a good instructor to get a solid foundation in gunhandling and markmanship skills before going to Rogers.  My first formal training was at Rogers and I felt that I could have gotten more out of my time there if I had some formal training beforehand.  It is an expensive school, 5 days costs $1000, Int. also needs 2 to 3 K ammo, plus lodging.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top