Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/6/2006 7:19:59 PM EDT
Hot Shots is my local indoor pistol range.

I was wondering if we've got any regulars up there?

Most of the time, when I can round up somebody to go, we wind up heading out to Dunkin Donuts for some coffee and grub afterward, sometime noonish on Saturdays.

Anybody? Bueller?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:35:00 AM EDT
Bradd_D.

I used to live about a mile from there. Now I am a little farther. Years ago I had a couple unfrendly visits and I stopped giving them what little business I did. Bradd_D says it is better but I just haven't taken the time to see.

Dunkin' Donuts is there no more.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:44:30 AM EDT
I used to go fairly frequently since it's only a couple of miles from my house. It gets pretty busy there on the weekends now, though. There was this hottie working there for awhile...nevermind. I'm up for a trip if you wanna go.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:37:45 PM EDT
Im not to far from there, they did have some jerks working there a few years ago. Im not sure if that has changed or not. Their range is ok. I seem to remember it being kinda dark in there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:52:31 PM EDT
It seems to be decent now. No hotties, but seem like OK folks at the counter. I must have missed the assholes working there while I was out of the hobby.

They have a problem with their target wires sometimes, and are limited to .44 Mag tops.

The DDonuts I go to is about 2 miles down and around a corner anyway.

You guys wanna set up a time for next weekend then?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:16:46 AM EDT
I'd be game, but I'm often busy on Saturdays taking care of kids. Set a date and we'll see if I can make it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:03:44 PM EDT
Well, I just found out that I've got to work on Saturday... Maybe next week? 11-ish?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:33:45 PM EDT
I frequent Hot Shots as well and I too miss seeing Ashley behind the counter I would also have to say there is another range I have been going to that has really made a ton of improvements since they shanged owners last year and that Is Nick's Guns (formerly Ed's Guns) near Town Center Mall. Has anyone else been there recently and noticed the changes? It's much brighter, cleaner, and has much better air quality since they re-did the ventilation system. These guys even allow rapid fire and full auto for those that have em!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:51:36 PM EDT
I go to Hot Shots 1x or 2x a month. I'm a member at Pickens but the 2 hour round trip is the same as driving to Hot Shots and shooting pistola for an hour. When you have a young famliy time is everything.

Hot Shots is the best ventilated indoor pistol range in Cobb. Well lit and clean too. Counter staff aren't pricks in my experience, though I've tried to special order two guns there and some night sights and been met with frustration and wound up ordering them myself.

Ed's is less than 5 minutes from my house. They need to ventilate and illuminate a lot better for me to go there. Even after the transfer they are not even close to Hot Shots or Bullseye in Cumming. Plus there are a *lot* of newbies on the firing line, leaning waay back, rapid firing, no trigger control, no trigger finger control, and at $14/hour to shoot a little pricey for being on Canton Rd.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:44:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DHB:
I frequent Hot Shots as well and I too miss seeing Ashley behind the counter

I would also have to say there is another range I have been going to that has really made a ton of improvements since they shanged owners last year and that Is Nick's Guns (formerly Ed's Guns) near Town Center Mall. Has anyone else been there recently and noticed the changes? It's much brighter, cleaner, and has much better air quality since they re-did the ventilation system. These guys even allow rapid fire and full auto for those that have em!

Wait? You're saying that Ed's is no more?

Cool! I hated those guys!

I'll have to check that place out again, and see if Nick's is good.

Do they allow big revolvers and rifle?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:59:51 PM EDT
Yes they do. They have two 75ft rifle lanes. I forgot what the max rifle caliber is but I do remember anything from 30-06 down is fine. There was a guy in there a few weeks ago with an M16 and he would let a few 3 round bursts go every no and then between his site-in shots. That turned a few heads!
Top Top