Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 12/29/2006 2:03:52 PM EST
Just checking to see if a couple of my favorite places are still around:

(1) Snax (breakfast place at Sepulveda just East of PV Blvd) in Torrance. Mmmmm...
Chili Cheese Omelete

(2) Whats the volleyball crowd like still at Avenue C or Knob Hill? Used to play a lot of two man beach in the early-mid 80s

(3) Hennesys. Still there on Catalina Ave at Ave I?

Sometimes I weep when I think of the fun and times I had.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 2:13:32 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:04:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By ML-TRADING:
I assume you are in Southern CA.

Actually, there is a reason it says WA under his nickname... Go figure.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:24:32 AM EST
I can never figure out why Los Angeles call anything a "bay" down there. About the only place that can be called the "south bay" down there would be the southern part of San Diego bay.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:04:41 AM EST
From the PV area down to Long Beach is considered the "south bay", I am assuming because of its shape (curved) and the Long Beach/LA Harbor is smack in the middle of it.

-d
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 1:26:07 PM EST

South Bay, hell that's my area. San Diego in fact.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:50:15 PM EST
South Bay is my area, San Jose I'm in the northern "South Bay" though....
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:13:00 PM EST
South Bay = beach cities on the southern end of Santa Monica Bay. If you don't recognize Santa Monica Bay as a "bay", then go back to school. It is not a harbor or a lagoon. Neither is it regular, unsheltered coastline.

Sout Bay cities = El Segundo, El Porto, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Palos Verdes,...

San Pedro (at least in my mind) is the start of the Long Beach Harbor area: Long Beach, Seal Beach,...
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 11:31:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/30/2006 11:33:12 PM EST by NwG]

Originally Posted By 1GunnerHogan1:

(1) Snax (breakfast place at Sepulveda just East of PV Blvd) in Torrance. Mmmmm...
Chili Cheese Omelete
Nerer been there, don't know it it is still there.. ETA- Just drove by, still there!!!
(2) Whats the volleyball crowd like still at Avenue C or Knob Hill? Used to play a lot of two man beach in the early-mid 80s
Not all that great anymore.. Bunch of assholes most of the time now
Live about 500 yards from there, drink there often! Hell I was there last night!!! Good times!

And yes, the TRUE South Bay runs from Malibu area to Palos Verdes Area..
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 10:41:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/31/2006 10:43:12 AM EST by Mike_Mills]
I never think of Playa del Rey, Marina del Rey, Venice, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades or Malibu as being part of the "South Bay". They are "the west side" or their regular names are used. They even had/have a different local newspaper than the South Bay's "Daily Breeze".

I think El Segundo is marginal as a South Bay city. I think of the South Bay as on the Santa Monica Bay but south of LAX airport.

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:19:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By NwG:

Originally Posted By 1GunnerHogan1:

Chili Cheese Omelete
Nerer been there, don't know it it is still there.. ETA- Just drove by, still there!!!
Not all that great anymore.. Bunch of assholes most of the time now
Live about 500 yards from there, drink there often! Hell I was there last night!!! Good times!

And yes, the TRUE South Bay runs from Malibu area to Palos Verdes Area..

NwG.....
Thanks for the update! Used to toss down a lot of Black/tans at old Hennesys.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:42:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By Mike_Mills:
I never think of Playa del Rey, Marina del Rey, Venice, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades or Malibu as being part of the "South Bay". They are "the west side" or their regular names are used. They even had/have a different local newspaper than the South Bay's "Daily Breeze".

I think El Segundo is marginal as a South Bay city. I think of the South Bay as on the Santa Monica Bay but south of LAX airport.

Hmm many South Bays in Cali that's for sure. I knew some existed but not to the number stated here. Nice to know. I should write to Huel Howsher (hope I spelled his name right) of California Gold show and have him do a segment about California South Bay areas.
Top Top