Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 8:21:16 AM EDT
I put one on my car and I'll never go back to having a regular horn.  It could serve as a viable security device also.  Here is a guy in Jax who has three sets of them on his car...
FunnyVid
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#1]
awsome video, my buddy has had once for about a year, think it was just about $ 400 from speed & truck world....kinds expensive but if you have to drive in So Fla I highly recomend it
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with an actual Nathan K3 train horn.  I tested it with a buddy one night.  I kept driving away from his house and honked at different locations.  He sat outside his house and called my cell phone each time I'd honk to tell me that he'd heard it.  The last honk we tried was 2.6 miles away and he still heard it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
 2+ miles
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Back in High school I had one of those programmable horns. It used to play Dixie and a like 50 other tunes at the touch of a button
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I went with an actual Nathan K3 train horn.  I tested it with a buddy one night.  I kept driving away from his house and honked at different locations.  He sat outside his house and called my cell phone each time I'd honk to tell me that he'd heard it.  The last honk we tried was 2.6 miles away and he still heard it.

How much did that run??
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#6]
The plastic train horn kits start around $400 at hornblasters.com.  Mine was thier second loudest set up (an actual Nathan K3 locomotive horn) which is a bit more.  You can get better deals by buying the nathan horns off of ebay and then getting the rest of the kit from hornblasters.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
how many db's is that?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:20:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Holy crap that was downright hilarious!  I HAVE to do this to my Van!  Damn right... get honked at like that by a Min-Van.  LOLOL

Thanks for this!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
how many db's is that?

It varies from one to the next.  It really comes down to the air flow to determine the db's.  More air pressure=louder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top