Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 2:44:41 PM EDT
An old flame lives (lived?) there with her three kids. I probably wouldn't be able to find her if I wanted to, but I still wonder if she's OK.

Any word on how bad Tupelo may have been hit?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Drove threw there Friday and all that I saw was wind damage. Not much of that .They are just short of gas.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, that's a relief. Thanks.

I really do wish I could find her....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Zaphod--sorry to hear you can't locate her yet.

Commo real bad.

Give Tupelo RED CROSS a holler at (662) 842-6101; they are over on the west side of town, west of Ruote #45.

Keep a lookin'

---Woody---
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Z,

I've been through Tupelo several times in the last week.

No real damage to speak of.

She might have got wet and windblown if she was standing outside, but other than that, she's probably OK.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I am in Tupelo.  We are fine....no real damage to speak of except a tree down here and there.  Maybe some power outages for a few hours after the storm, though I didn't even have that.  As for the old flame, this is a small town....shouldn't be much trouble finding her.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]
My MIL will be staying in Tupelo on saturday night en route to Arkansas.

She's travelling alone and I wanted to see if there had been any crime problems up there since Katrina and get an update on travel conditions.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:50:43 AM EDT
[#7]
No, none at all that I have heard of........they have all been fine here.  I think mostly what we have gotten have been those that had the means and common sense to evacuate before the storm, and just dont have anything to return to (or can't return now).  And, gas is much more available now as well.  She should be fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top