Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2013 1:35:32 PM EDT
I will be headed down for the deer firearms season tomorrow.  Monday and Tuesday we will be scouting and pheasant hunting, then deer hunting the rest of the week.

Last time I was deer hunting down there, (2006) the rut seemed to be in full swing.  I will be in the north central part of the state.

Any reports?  
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure, I haven't been out much lately.  Heading to the property tomorrow for a while and will be back out Friday morning to hunt.  Got put on a Wed/Thurs trip so I'll miss the opening day.  

ETA:  Hope you had a safe trip!  See any signs of activity?  I'll be somewhat central/North-central (south of Salina about 20 mins).
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not sure, I haven't been out much lately.  Heading to the property tomorrow for a while and will be back out Friday morning to hunt.  Got put on a Wed/Thurs trip so I'll miss the opening day.    

View Quote

ETA:  Hope you had a safe trip!  See any signs of activity?  I'll be somewhat central/North-central (south of Salina about 20 mins).
Looks like I just missed the rut.  Saw lots of old scrapes that had not been freshened for some time.  Saw very few bucks, I am guessing they were laying low trying to re-coop afterwards.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I went out Friday and Saturday.  Stumbled upon a buck and doe at about 150-200 yds and wasn't even paying attention.  I was looking off in the direction I'd been focusing on all morning (was walking back to my truck at this point) and turned my head to see them looking right at me.  Busted!  

I was looking right into the sun and didn't have a decent shot.  They split about one second after I worked into a decent position.  Those were the only two I saw the whole time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#4]
My buddy has gotten two does so far this year, one bow and one rifle.  Quite a bit of activity where we hunt by Marquette area.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:17:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Bright moon at night is causing the deer to feed at night and bed down during the day.  Just over a week ago I was seeing lots of deer.  In the last couple of days, not seeing much.  This is the last day until the January antlerless hunt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top