Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/30/2005 7:04:38 AM EDT
I thought this item, the one on top was ubercool. Is there ANY way to build one in the state of Alabama.

If the pic doesn't show, click the linky, first page first pic.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=247694
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:26:13 AM EDT
They appear to be Class 3 with top one a silencer. If so, Get a form 4 and enjoy
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:55:22 AM EDT
Let me specify a little more. What about semi auto look-alike of the top weapon (throw out the suppressor issue for now. Any way to build that in Alabama?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:20:08 AM EDT
No, SBR's.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:03:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TWIRE:
Let me specify a little more. What about semi auto look-alike of the top weapon (throw out the suppressor issue for now. Any way to build that in Alabama?

Sure, as long as you keep the barrel 16" long.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:14:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By USPC40:

Sure, as long as you keep the barrel 16" long.

Or ignore those pesky statutes that say a pistol with a short barrel is okay, but not a rifle. Of course, you may end up spending some quality time with a large man named Bubba who keeps repeating "you my little puppy now." Sheesh. They need to strike that mess (and a whole lot of other crap) from the state Constitution.

Woody
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:22:59 PM EDT
Alright what about this option. Semi auto AR, with short barrel and permanently attached, registered suppressor (total 'barrel' length16.25). Does a permanently attached suppressor count as barrel length?

Or what about a registered AOW? How's that work in AL?

Yeah, I know its a stretch! Jest curious.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:29:13 PM EDT

Alright what about this option. Semi auto AR, with short barrel and permanently attached, registered suppressor (total 'barrel' length16.25). Does a permanently attached suppressor count as barrel length?

As long as it is permanently attached to the satisfaction of the ATF (and state regs, which don't go into specifics other than an overall length), I think you would be fine.

An AOW would have to be smooth bore. Not gonna stabilize your bullets very well that way.... Or someone correct me if I'm wrong about the bore part....

Woody
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:48:29 PM EDT

A suppressor is a Class 3 and can be used, even when on a SBR as long as permanent. I have several 101/2 inch barrels. Suppressor makes them legal when put on my AR. Buy an LRM pmm suppressor and put on an AR
Top Top