Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 6:50:03 PM EDT
My local shop wants $75 to do a transfer, and seems to have a bad attitude about doing it, even for used guns.

Any LI local shops or members here with an FFL a guy can turn to for a fair price and less attitude? I have my eye on an SKS and a .22 rifle. Adding shipping + $75 + attitude = not worth it here
Thanks,
Scott
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Ron Volpe @ Volko Supply in the New Hyde Park area.  

516-741-4466

I believe he charges 25-30 bucks unless things have changed recently.  Great guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
CAS- I'm in Lake Grove (Western Suffolk). I'm willing to drive a bit as long as I don't need to cross bridges.

Devil- Thanks for the info...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#4]
The new guys in Merrick do $25 transfers as well.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:19:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:05:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Main Street Magazine if you're anywhere near Westhampton Beach.

www.thegunzone.com/msm.html
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
Who is doing $75 transfers?

MAG- I'd prefer not to post that on the public forum. You can PM me if you are really interested in knowing. Love the Jeep sig.. I've owned many and currently have two...

Thanks to everyone else for the leads!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who is doing $75 transfers?

MAG- I'd prefer not to post that on the public forum. You can PM me if you are really interested in knowing. Love the Jeep sig.. I've owned many and currently have two...

Thanks to everyone else for the leads!

I don't know why you'd hestate to out a misery-profiteer.

do the transfer with Ron Volpe,
out the thief who's charging you 75$,
and then lets get together and tar and feather him.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL- As much as I'd like to start boiling up the tar....He
I think he just doesn't like bothering with transfers in general. Even for the $75, he won't do new guns. Used only
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Posting the dealer and transfer fee isn't "outing" the dealer. Some dealer's also charge 10% of the cost of the gun to discourage transfers. It's just their business practice to encourage buyers to purchase an in stock or gun which they custom oder for you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Posting the dealer and transfer fee isn't "outing" the dealer. Some dealer's also charge 10% of the cost of the gun to discourage transfers. It's just their business practice to encourage buyers to purchase an in stock or gun which they custom oder for you.

I love the free market......  and Ron
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There's a guy near you that does $25 transfers; probably about 10 min from you. Sending IM.

Ok. I WANT TO KNOW who's near Lake Grove doing $25 transfers?  I know the guy near by doing $40 transfers. And I KNOW who's doing the $75 ones. lol
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#13]
What is the BFD about listing the FFL's and their transfer fees?

FFL finder: www.gunbroker.com/user/DealerNetwork.asp
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#14]
They need to update that. Some prices are out of date, and others listed I've never been able to reach.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:50:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They need to update that. Some prices are out of date, and others listed I've never been able to reach.

Everything on the Internets is out of date!

www.auctionarms.com/help/fflnetwork.cfm

listings.shotgunnews.com/fflguide/findfflguide
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:29:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everything on the Internets is out of date!

www.auctionarms.com/help/fflnetwork.cfm

listings.shotgunnews.com/fflguide/findfflguide

is there still a "guns n stuff" banner here?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey Cas-

Thanks for the info in that IM. For some reason, the system keeps giving me an error message when I try to reply to you.

Ron at Volko actually contacted me when he saw this thread. He's been very quick to respond and helpful so far. I'll post a review of the experience here as soon as the transaction gets completed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top