Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2003 11:55:59 AM EDT
Any good surplus stores or shops out there?

I live outside Milwaukee, but travel to Green Bay often.

Av.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:43:43 AM EDT
[#1]
The one I frequent is in Fond du Lac. It is a hit-or-miss store. But tell him what you want, and he'll get it there in a day or two typically.

BTW, you travel 41, or 43?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Usually 43.

Do you know of any good outdoor ranges by the Green Bay/Oconto area?

My parents own a home in Oconto, I'm going to visit them for a week or so. Anybody from around there?

Av.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:58:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Not too familiar w/ that area. Sorry I can't help out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Fondy Surplus is pretty decent. He's a good guy, but he's got alot fo hunting stuff and knock off surplus.

IIRC, there's a decent place up in Appleton. Been a few years since i was there tho...
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#5]
There are two surplus places in Appleton.

One on College Ave in downtown. It has some nice stuff but last time I was there but the prices were pretty high. This place has equipment and some clothing.

There is also one on Wisconsin Ave. They have alot of stuff but again high prices. Alot of clothing not much else though.

You can also sometimes get surplus at Fleet & Farm on Wisconsin Ave. Last time I was there I bought a buch of parkas and some west german stuff.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi.  I reside in the Frozen Tundra that is known as Green Bay.  

There are only a couple of ranges here in the Green Bay area that I am aware of.  DePere, which is just south of Green Bay, has the DePere Sportsman's Club.  You can shoot rifle and pistol there.  I believe you can shoot there without becoming a member, but I'm not positive.  

Also there is the Nicolet Rifle Club, of which I am a member.  However, you must be a member to shoot there.  If you are going to visit often, you may want to become a member.  It is about 10 minutes north of GB.

If you are into shooting trap/skeet and the like, there is the Brown County Sportsman's Club just north of GB.  They do not shoot rifle/pistol, just clays.

I know you take Hwy 43 mostly, but if you take Hwy 41, there also some ranges in the Fox Valley area.  The Fox Valley is about 40 minutes south of GB.

That is all I know.  There are most likely some ranges north of GB, but I don't know anything about them.  

Also, there is a Army/Navy Surplus store in GB.  It is on Military Ave and Mason street if you are interested.  Hwy 43 is about a mile from the store.

Good luck with your search.  If you want some additional info on anything, let me know.  I'll see what I can dig up for you.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:00:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Any good surplus stores or shops out there?

I live outside Milwaukee, but travel to Green Bay often.

Av.

There is one on Wisconsin Ave. About half way between the Marquette Campuse and the mall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top