Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/9/2006 12:13:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 12:17:04 PM EDT by Trainer715]
My brother and I are planning on going to Calverton this Tuesday and basically wanted to know if there was anything that you could share so that we could have a more enjoyable time and know what to expect. We are planning on getting there in the morning and will probably shoot most of the day.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:00:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:30:08 PM EDT
The last time I went I brought a couple of unfolded corrugated cardboard boxes and some cheap string to tie in between the posts since the target backboards were pretty much MIA. I folded the cardboard box around the stakes, poked a hole and tied them up with string so I could tape a couple of targets up. Too flimsy to staple, I needed the tape.

But as Wave said, should not be a problem on a weekday unless a bunch of guys in a group show up before you and take up the only 100 yard target stands that are not all shot up.

I don't think the ammo sales or roach coach are even there on weekdays.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:40:56 AM EDT
Thanks for the suggestions Wave and pequa1.

Looks like the weather's going to be great tomorow...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:10:35 PM EDT
At the LIE exit 71 on the westbound side there is gas station with a store inside.
They have a subway brand sandwich counter, plus the usual isles of snacks and wall of
refrigerators. Same slightly inflated prices as other places like this.
I know people say that the range doesn't have running water but I seem to remember
a hand pump water well on the far end (left) of the 200 yard line. Wonder if it's still there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:09:02 PM EDT
Look for the guy with the Gray Dodge van and ask if he is an Arfcom member.

See you there!

Bill H.
Farmingdale, NY
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:39:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bill3rail:
Look for the guy with the Gray Dodge van and ask if he is an Arfcom member.

See you there!

Bill H.
Farmingdale, NY

I'll definitely look for you and your Gray Dodge van when I get there around noonish...

-Alex
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:44:08 PM EDT
All your suggestions were great. We had a great time and met some nice ARFCOM members while we were there. Thanks again!

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:48:03 PM EDT
Oh yeah, soon.... sunscreen.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:49:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cas:
Oh yeah, soon.... sunscreen.

The last time I was out there, maybe six years ago, it was sunny and over 100 friggin' degrees. We pretty much had the range to ourselves. Fortunately, I don't burn that easy, unlike my two fair skinned compadres. Can you say lobster?
Top Top