Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 12/12/2016 1:59:17 PM EST
Picking up a friend at a place about 45 minutes North of Philly called The Bucks Club. Are there any shops between Baltimore and 45 minutes NW of Philly where I can find either surplus or new mags for a Colt style 9mm AR15 and a 5.56 AR15? If you know of any places, please post the name so that I can look them up.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:24:29 PM EST
The Bucks Club is in Jamison, Tanner's sport center is also in Jamison. Not sure if they will have the 9mm AR15 mags, but they will definitely not disappoint with anything else you are looking for. If you need uzi mags on short notice, I can part with mine, anything to help someone in a state with stupid laws. You would have to mill the cut for the mag catch though if you want to use it in a colt.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 7:59:34 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By YardleyYeti:
The Bucks Club is in Jamison, Tanner's sport center is also in Jamison. Not sure if they will have the 9mm AR15 mags, but they will definitely not disappoint with anything else you are looking for. If you need uzi mags on short notice, I can part with mine, anything to help someone in a state with stupid laws. You would have to mill the cut for the mag catch though if you want to use it in a colt.
View Quote

Thanks for the very kind offer on the mags, and for the heads-up on Tanner's. I will call them tomorrow to see what they have, and am now planning on going early just to visit the shop (taking my C&R FFL). I don't want to dig into your stash of mags, but if have any spares, and are within an easy drive of the target location, please drop me a PM.

Thanks again; I really do appreciate the reply with offer!

If anyone else knows of other gun stores, please post.

Cheers
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:43:14 PM EST
Tanner's has no 9mm carbine mags, but do have DPMS 30rd and some Pmags.

I'm old school, prefer metal to plastic mags. Are the DPMS mags any good? Are AR15 Pmags ok?

TIA
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:13:09 PM EST
I know it might be a little bit more of a drive, I want to say it's another 40 minutes or so north of there, but Sarco is in Easton. They would have uzi mags and probably metal AR15 mags. They have a lot of surplus stuff. It's a little out of the way from your trip though. I only have some vintage 20 rd colt metal magazines, all of the rest of the ones I have are Pmags, which have never given me a problem.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:23:20 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By YardleyYeti:
I know it might be a little bit more of a drive, I want to say it's another 40 minutes or so north of there, but Sarco is in Easton. They would have uzi mags and probably metal AR15 mags. They have a lot of surplus stuff. It's a little out of the way from your trip though. I only have some vintage 20 rd colt metal magazines, all of the rest of the ones I have are Pmags, which have never given me a problem.
View Quote

Funny you mentioned Sarco, I'd already checked to see if they had any Uzi mags, which they don't, but I did manage to find one lonely RRA 32rd 9mm mag in a shop along the way. I already have some older Colt 20 rounders and well as various surplus USGI, aluminum, 5.56 mags.

I know there are different generation Pmags, but I don't know the differences. Are all Pmags good to go, or are some better than others?

Thanks again

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 9:15:29 AM EST
I'm really not that up to date on if any are better than others. I bought some when they first came out and then I bought some that were on sale a few years later. Mine were just plain black with no windows on them. I guess I take for granted the fact that I can order anything I want at any time in regards to magazines. I usually use the 20 rounders when I go shooting because I can just put a whole box of ammo in a single magazine, plus they are nice and short as well. I don't recall ever having any magazine issues ever with any of my AR15s.
Top Top