Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 5:46:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 5:47:01 PM EST by Katana16j]
Just got my first rifle, Pics posted here

Need to find a range nearby to start learning at, preferably with a nice class of people who won't mind showing a new shooter the basics of zeroing and the like
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:53:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 11:17:53 AM EST by M1-Matt]

Originally Posted By Katana16j:
Just got my first rifle, Pics posted here

Need to find a range nearby to start learning at, preferably with a nice class of people who won't mind showing a new shooter the basics of zeroing and the like

In Morris County there is only one and it took my high school history teacher only 15+years to get in it was in Florham Park .
You best bet is to go to Cherry Ridge it is a awesome range. I use to live in Chatham so cherry ridge was the only place to go for high powered rifle. www.anjrpc.org/. They have a 100yd rifle range and they also have a 200/300 yd rifle range. There is a shot gun range where you bring your own clay bird thrower, a 22 cal range and a pistol range out to 50yds. I have been a member up there since 1996. Oh that is a great M14 you have there.

ETA. Oh I just rememberd there is an other one it is called Shongum it is in Hackettstown. www.shongum.org/homepage.htm
You can give them a try.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:04:18 AM EST
When I lived in NJ I belonged to Hopatcong Rifle & Pistol Club. Probably about 1/2 hour West from the Morristown area. I'll check to see if I still have any contact info for them at home. You should be able to google them & get something. It's been 11 or 12 years since I shot there so I really can't tell you what the facilities are like now. In '92 they had a 50 yard pistol range with covered firing line and a 100 yard rifle range.

Good luck and enjoy the rifle, looks like a nice one.
CDKayak
Top Top